Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Motorhead Lounge is Started!

They start out so clean and shiney then clutter just seems to happen. I'm ashamed to even show a photo of my shop right now.

Tom

Now working on the next engine swap - mine! (Had a catastrophic engine failure due to a catastrophic brain failure - changed the filter & lubed all 24 grease fittings, then forgot to add oil...got about 1 mi down the road.) So, the correct (except for date) 57 2x4 block that's been sitting in the garage for over 20 yrs has been brought out of retirement and is now ready to assemble.

Pics are as follows: Out with the failure (65 Chevelle 283); Casting # before painting; had to sleeve 1 cylinder; the original front pad; also have a matched set of 539 heads both dated D197.

CIMG7053.jpgCIMG7123.jpgCIMG7129.jpgCIMG7134.jpgCIMG7136.jpg

(Had a catastrophic engine failure due to a catastrophic brain failure - changed the filter & lubed all 24 grease fittings, then forgot to add oil...got about 1 mi down the road.)

Closest I came to that was the time I did an oil change on the gravel driveway and forgot the drain plug. I checked the dipstick after four quarts and realized I was the dipstick... Luckily, I had spare quarts... :chuckle

Mac

A red face moment for sure. At least you get to build a new engine.

Tom

Gotta be one of the "more expensive" oil changes that I've ever heard of. :)
Hope the rebuild works out well for you, Bill :thumb
Andy :w

Well, there was nobody else in the garage (except our garage cat Miss Snot, & she professed complete innocence), & I did it, so I accept responsibility for my cerebral flatulence. The small good news is that one of the old engine's heads had developed a crack between the valves so maybe this was a better way to find out (as opposed to driving at somewhere over the posted speed limit on a back road...)

Miss Snot:Snot.jpg

Progress today:CIMG7201.jpgCIMG7203.jpgCIMG7209.jpgcrank/cam/pistons heads/lifters/rockers all assembled. Letting everything sit for a few days, then retourqe & check it all again next week when I hope to get it buttoned up & ready to install!

They sure look nice when they're all clean like that. Too bad it doesn't last.

Mac

Getting closer...CIMG7210.jpgCIMG7211.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom