Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Motorhead Lounge is Started!

Nice job on the engine crate. That's a lot better that the ones GM used to use. I have a few of those I use to store engines in so they are stackable.

Tom

Tom, I built that from scratch using scrap wood & a pallet in the garage (with the exception of the corner braces courtesy of Lowes). If/when I build another one I'll mount the whole shebang on a full-size pallet; that'll make moving it with a pallet jack MUCH easier! (Found that out the hard way while loading it on the transport truck. :eek

Wow, that 396 is gonna make someone real happy. :w

Things still happen..only much s l o w e r than before (of course, a case of lackadinero disease has been detected as well...).

I found this nifty item at Sarasota Architectural Salvage marked down to $50, so I couldn't resist:

MHLfile.JPG

It's 75" wide by 84" tall and has 116 plastic bins for file folders (this was from some Doctor's office). They all attach just like the storage bins I've seen (via a hook on the back - see the two on the top right)...and the company's still in biz so I might order a couple more horizontal pieces and eventually get some storge bins for the various flotsam and jetsam that's still in hiding out here! Oh yeah, I'll also get a coupla cans of red paint! (And yeah, that's a real 57 2x4 block sitting in front of a real 97 block sitting in front of the file unit.)

nothing is better than a garage as big as or bigger than your house!! :thumb

That's about right - the garage is nearly the same size as the house!

Very nice read and a great project! :thumb

OK, one week to go 'till Tax time is over. By gosh, I'm gonna get back in the Garage Mahal and do somethin'! ;LOL (No wry comments John or Tyler...)

Well, I finally did something - I had a special guest vehicle grace my garage in May. Anybody recognize this nifty Corvette?

(I've tried to upload a short video but can't seem to get it to work...maybe later.)

CIMG6417.JPGCIMG6432.jpgCIMG6433.jpgCIMG6438.jpgCIMG6445.jpg

Some people have all the fun.:)

Tom

Nope, that ain't it...but it was the next one built...

Last edited:
Project Creep Continues

(John - that title's for you!) Finally managed to mount this gem on the Garage Mahal wall today:Gilbarco.jpg Got it while building was going on but never have found the time to put it up. I did test it today and it went "ding ding ding" just like it should! Now I gotta pipe the garage for air but next up is the traffic signal.:beer

That's cool Bill. I've used one of those many times.

Tom

I read the complete thread, great build. they do things different here in Colorado, but some great features. you and your wife should be proud of this new addition....:beer

A little update - not much more done but clutter...Garage Mahal.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom