Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Motorhead Lounge is Started!

Cool! Now don't you wish you would have built it a little bigger? Hehehehe

Well, the story isn't really over...yet. I still have quite a bit to do in the garage - I just need to finish the main house items before my assigned deadline (the wife's 50th birthday August 23!). Her craft studio cabinets are in (sans a pile of shelves), the new kitchen cabinets are built and awaiting the cabinetmaker's installation schedule and the carpenter should return next week to continue building the library shelves.

In the meantime (and when I find time) I'll putter around in the garage. I just pulled out the surround sound wiring for the Motorhead Lounge (it was shoved back into the wall until inspection); the old living room entertainment center has been painted red (and striped black, too!) and will contain our old TV and A/V equipment. I'll even have room for my old turntable!

Here it is when the cabinet guys were finishing helping me position it:

MHLentctr.jpg

The small refrigerator to the left was a present from the guy who helped install the floor. It has an ice maker; now I just gotta extend a water line from below (which was already in the unwritten plans). And of course, it's already stocked! :beer :beer

It just keeps getting better.:)

The Motorhead Lounge gets one step closer!

I've been waiting for this to arrive for over a year. ;squint: My wife gave me a nice clock of the early Corvette logo two years ago; I brought it over to my local sign shop for a "modification" and here (finally) is the result! (They had it so long the clock's battery died! ):r

It's not wired up yet but I couldn't resist posting a pic now. I'll post another when it's mounted and wired properly.

MHLsign1.jpg

Oh yeah, of course it's RED neon! :cool

Very nice addition; both the clock and the neon!!

-Mac

SebringBill
ITS been quite some time,
hows the garage ,and tool aquirement progessing?
any newer PICTURES???
hows the welder working out?

The Motorhead Lounge neon sign is very nice. :w How big is it?

Remember a stopped clock is always right at least two times a day.

Garage

Reminds me of my last marriage when I built my 24X50 shop and now she has it!Guess she felt left out so out I went...:bash Wish I could! Walt

I'm having a bit of a problem with the service at home right now so this is a quick note from work. (Sorry, no pics here.)

Grumpy - I still need to buy a helmet before I get to weldin'; first I have to finish the house proper in the next month (by my wife's birthday August 23rd) - or else :eek:hnoes so the garage is on temporary hold :( (except the "Motorhead Lounge" sign will be properly installed when the electrician comes to finish some undercabinet lighting within a week or so :D).

67 - The clock is 14" and the sign was custom made to fit it. The clock is actually mounted with the neon on a plexiglass square. I'll measure it and post it here. Oh yeah, I replaced the battery!

OK, now it's official!

Well, Friday the electrician came by to install undercabinet lighting in the kitchen and studio, and then I (actually, he) insisted on installing the transformer and mounting this:

MHLnowofficial.JPG

Here's a closer shot. The clock is 14" and the whole sign in about 22". It's mounted on a 24" piece of Plexiglass.

MHLsign.JPG

I did have a :D and a :beer when I got home Friday!

Tomorrow the painters return to poly the library, the tile guy will start the kitchen backsplash and the flatbed towtruck will take my friend's HUGE Snap-On rollaway to St Pete where he's starting a work-release program. I'll miss that "Intimidator" box (sorta) - it would look right at home in the garage! Ever so slowly this keeps moving. I do what I can while scurrying to complete the main house by the 23rd! (What was that about "project creep" John?) :eyerole

Gotta love that sign, Bill! Just about the time you think you're done, you'll find out you aren't - that's just the way it is; that'll keep you busy until your March-April rush season. :)

John, I only wish that was my rush season! Somewhere in the distant past I recall something like that! :L Now the "season" seems to end about 2 weeks before the next one starts. (Of course, I can't complain too loud - Congress seems intent on giving me job security! :W)

I managed to add one bit to the workbench area: pegboard!

MHLpegboard.JPG

And notice "tunes" as well. Can't have a quiet garage! (The second set of speakers will reside on the top of the far wall by the overhead doors after I re-run the speaker wire that I had to hide in the soffett for inspections. :chuckle Oops, did I say that?)

Of course, the MHL will have its own 5.1 surround sound system (and the speaker wire has already emerged from its wall hiding place ;)).

Here's a close-up of the pegboard with the :cool diamond-plate switch covers my wife bought me:

MHLplugpegboard.JPG

I thought it'd look :cool to end the white pegboard at the black stripe. Whatcha think?

Anyone have some 1/4" pegboard hooks? I have a pile of 1/8" (and a 5 gal bucket full of 1/4"x8") to trade. :D

I'm fascinated by the device to the left of the rollaway - is that the world's oldest PC, or a microfiche reader? :)

One kewpie doll for John, please! :thumb

That is indeed a microfiche reader, on its temporary home. I have the complete (as of a few years ago) set of Corvette parts on microfiche; the reader was a "gift" from a friend who was going to throw it out(!). I plan to build a small table next to the spiral stair for it (that's about the width I have there) and locate my 2 drawer file cabinet next to it/under the stair. That's where the technical automotive library will go (including the parts books, Motor manuals and shop manuals. The automotive book collection (including a signed 1st of "Chevrolet = Racing?", 7 different signed versions of "All Corvettes are Red" and every issue of Automobile Quarterly to name a few) will reside in the MHL.

One kewpie doll for John, please! :thumb

That is indeed a microfiche reader, on its temporary home. The automotive book collection (including a signed 1st of "Chevrolet = Racing?", 7 different signed versions of "All Corvettes are Red" and every issue of Automobile Quarterly to name a few) will reside in the MHL.

We had one of those microfiche readers in the office back in my Chevrolet Engineering days - to read "aperture cards" with drawings on them. I was a charter subscriber to AQ too, and have BOXES of them in my basement storeroom I've carted around through at least ten moves; the most recent ten years or so are upstairs, in our library. :)

I'dve never thunk it, but in anticipation of Tropical Storm Fay a little while ago I brought in everything that I could - including all 3 vehicles.

It got a bit crowded but...

MHLtsFay.jpg

Bill, I just sat and read through the whole post again , I love to see a plan come together and my how time passes...

It looks awesome, great job !

One of these days I'll get things in order and show the progress of the other renovations beside the garage - but for now howzabout what we did with our old one car garage: (hey, it was a garage ;LOL)

Goodrichladderclimb.jpg

You're looking at what used to be the garage door. It's now a bay window with built in shelving all around for our library. On Saturday a Putnam rolling ladder with chrome track and trim was installed (they've been making ladders since 1905!); here BF Goodrich (one-half of our latest supervisory addition) is testing the installation for proper operation (and checking the books for neat placement as well)! :D

Here's the other end:

Library.jpg

The ladder is my 25th Wedding Anniversary to Sandie; even though the 25th should be silver she said chrome from a motorhead works just as well! :upthumbs (I do have a great woman! :thumb)

So here is a guy who has his priorities straight, Who needs an inground pool in Florida, What would you do with a back yard except have to cut the lawn. I like your thinking Bill.

:beerI agree. That is a good point.

The question is can us Arkansas members visit the lounge?:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom