Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Motorhead Lounge is Started!

Looking great Bill - wow! I'm green with envy! ;)

As for the Mrs. - been there, done that. :L Hope she feels better soon!

:wJane Ann

Great progress, Bill - one of the great examples of "project creep" :D. Kinda like an intake swap turning into a body-off restoration. Can't wait to see more photos!

WOW :eek What a difference!
Nice to have things done right, isn't it? Tell your missus that I often go to work as a great hubby and come home pond sludge so if she figures out what causes it, let Mrs. Mac know...

-Mac

Hormones

Hey Mac, this is Mrs. Bill, or ACAR Sandie to people in the know. I was in menopause before my complete hysterectomy, so things didn't change much after the surgery. My answer to your question as to how Bill (or you) can leave the house in the morning as the best hubby in the world and then return as the devil incarnate (or pond scum) is:
1 - stress,
2 - hormones,
3 - being pulled in 18 directions all at once,
4 - and finding things you didn't do that I ended up having to do since you were gone (legitimately at work - but it still doesn't count).
5 - Did I mention hormones?

Any other questions??? :boogie

Hey Mac, this is Mrs. Bill, or ACAR Sandie to people in the know. I was in menopause before my complete hysterectomy, so things didn't change much after the surgery. My answer to your question as to how Bill (or you) can leave the house in the morning as the best hubby in the world and then return as the devil incarnate (or pond scum) is:
1 - stress,
2 - hormones,
3 - being pulled in 18 directions all at once,
4 - and finding things you didn't do that I ended up having to do since you were gone (legitimately at work - but it still doesn't count).
5 - Did I mention hormones?

Ouch. :bash:W:Buttslap:wtcslap:W

:boogie

Hello, Sandie! Glad to hear you're recovering.

Mrs. Mac says that PMS means Putting up with Mac's Stuff... :eek:hnoes

Well, that's not exactly what she said but you get the idea. ;help

-Mac... just another hormone hostage...

Mrs. Mac says that PMS means Putting up with Mac's Stuff... :eek:hnoes Well, that's not exactly what she said but you get the idea. ;help -Mac... just another hormone hostage...

Hey Mac, if it gives you any comfort, you and Bill aren't the only hormone hostages. Your wife and I both are, too. I know that when I have a raging fit and then calm down and realize it wasn't that important, I feel rather silly.:(

Sure hope Bill has shared the pictures of the spiral staircase to the Motorhead Lounge. Most of the interior doors are in. Yet the snafus just continue to happen - the front door opens backwards. The linen closet opens backward. When our huge 8' french door from the house to the garage arrived, they were refused by our finish carpenter. Now we've gotten them again, and they're wrong - they have the same opaque glass at the top as the two bathroom doors (one of which has shrunk from a 2' 8" door to a 2' door) rather than the diamond tread pattern that was supposed to be on the french doors. Bill refused the shrunken door. Yet it got us to wondering if the first delivery might have been right on those french doors. I can't wait until they're in because we have this huge hole which Bill had handily plugged up with pieces of plywood and an old door, but there's only a piece of wire holding the door shut. I have so many bruises up and down my arm from opening and closing that. Plus the cats just look for opportunities to get out and explore the entire "Garage Mahal". He did tell you I got him a personalized mat for Bill's Garage Mahal, right? We won't put it down til the workers are gone so when it gets soiled, it's our fault.

Hang in there with Mrs. Mac. I hope she doesn't have night sweats like I do! And thanks a lot to you and the other fellas here for asking about me. I go for more nerve blocks on Tuesday, but I think it's really working. :)

Sandie, aka/ Mrs. Bill, aka/ ACAR Sandie

Last edited:
:duh What have I done...

I've left my sign-in info on my wife's computer.:W

Now I guess I'm pond scum here AND at home!

:BOW Pleeze fugive me, oh great CAC Poobahs!

:harhar

Hey Mac, if it gives you any comfort, you and Bill aren't the only hormone hostages. Your wife and I both are, too. I know that when I have a raging fit and then calm down and realize it wasn't that important, I feel rather silly.:(
It's hard for those of us who cruise along, flat and smooth, to understand those of you who have to climb mountains and forge valleys... but that doesn't mean we don't sympathize or care... but having a garage to hide in is a great idea sometimes... :chuckle

Hang in there with Mrs. Mac. I hope she doesn't have night sweats like I do! And thanks a lot to you and the other fellas here for asking about me. I go for more nerve blocks on Tuesday, but I think it's really working. :)

Sandie, aka/ Mrs. Bill, aka/ ACAR Sandie
She does but only occasionally... We ask because we care. That's the difference between the CAC and all those other forums. Right, SebringBill?

-Mac

She does but only occasionally... We ask because we care. That's the difference between the CAC and all those other forums. Right, SebringBill?

-Mac

ABSOLUTELY! Ain't that why we're still here?;)

My how time flies. Sorry 'bout that (again)!

I'm just getting ready to leave for a FL NCRS chapter meet this weekend so I'll try to size some pics right for an update when I return. Just to pique your imagination, the driveway was poured today; the house has been (re)stuccoed and painted, the garage interior block walls were also stuccoed and primed, and the ceiling "I" beam, trolley and chain hoist are installed.

67, the wall height at the outside (lowest) point is approximately 15'6" with a vaulted ceiling to approximately 18' in the center. Tall enough for lift clearance with the architect's Yukon Denali on it. (Oh yeah, except for air - for the safety lock releases - the lift is ready for permanent power.)

Last edited:
Here's a coupla pics I "stole" from my wife's blog:

This is after "new & improved" stucco and paint.

MHLhomepaint.jpg

...and here's the garage:

MHLgaragepaint.jpg

The exterior lights have arrived and hopefully will be installed in the next week or so. (They rook mahveous! - oops, I've dated myself...):chuckle

Geez, where does the time go?

Here's a little something that I was happy to see:

MHLdriveway101807A.jpg

Yup, the driveway went in almost three weeks ago! By this weekend I will drive the first motorized vehicle on it (we've rolled garbage cans, dollies and hand trucks around already but nothing with its own power source!). Which one, you say? Why, the 57 of course!

MHLdriveway101807B.jpg

The first two pics above are the end by the garage. We used 3500# concrete, a blend of large and small aggregate with fiber mesh mixed in poured at about 5-5.5"deep. We then "watered" the finished product 3x/day to help it cure slower. Rick (you can just see his knee brace at the extreme left of the picture above) was amazed that we actually did it for a week; he figures it cured out to about 4700#!

67: I don't have a Greyhound - yet - but someday I'd love to buy a Flxible Clipper (remember the Gornickie family bus in "RV" with Robin Williams?)! They were about 35' long and that's just about what I have clear in the garage.

MHLdriveway101807C.jpg

We could actually have run the driveway right up the outside lot line (approximately where the grass ends on the right) but wanted to leave about 2 feet for swale between the lots. That way the driveway could be more properly "crowned" and didn't have to be sloped off to the right for drainage.

MHLdriveway101807D.jpg

The driveway is 11' wide in order to clear the edge of the septic drainfield by the required 5' (right by the curve in the center above). I haven't measured but I believe it's about 90' long.

I'll upload one more cool additon to the garage and it's back to painting.

We now return you to the Motorhead lounge.

When we last saw it, a red spiral stair had been installed. The following appeared one recent (and verry long) Saturday:

MHLfloor102807.jpg

(Note: the above was taken upon completion at about 3:45 Sunday morning!)

Last Saturday the buffer came out and it cleaned up real nice! I've covered up most of the stair to keep the finish nice until things are done. Next up (literally) will be to lift the old living room entertainment center pieces up for re-use in the MHL. Oh yeah, I can use this now:

MHLibeam101507.jpg

The guys who made the spiral stair added this I-beam and trolley to the specially designed trusses (16"on center as well) so I can have some "uplifting" experiences :eyerole. They placed the beam right against the trusses, measured and clamped on the brackets, then lowered the beam a little, welded the brackets in place (right up in the MHL), flipped the beam over and bolted it up with grade 8s. It's about 15' long and hangs about 5' over the MHL with the rest out over the main garage.

I've already attached my 2-ton chain hoist and bought some extra chain!

OK, I'm still alive and the place continues towards completion. On Thursday my friend (and architect) inaugurated the lift when we installed a CAGS eliminator on his 04 coupe. (Pics to come.) It took longer to get the car positioned right and up than to install the part!

More stuff: there's lotsa lights hanging around (inside as well as outside) and even a fair amount of paint around the garage walls...and the guard rail is up! (Geez, it looks big even from a distance!) Oh yeah, my 57 finally made it back inside a garage after the NCRS show in January!:beer

We've actually passed our first final inspection (HVAC) and are looking forward to the rest in the next few weeks. Yeah, it's only been 13 months so far!;shrug

I'll see if I can upload some pictures in the near future.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom