Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Project "BLOW" odyssey has begun!

Kid_Again said:
Much as it distresses me, I live in TODAY'S WORLD and have it make it on my own. Extending your logic, I hate the fact that the Saudis support international terrorism. Yet I buy gasoline and kerosene that comes from Saudi (or Iran) because I can't specify whether my gas comes from Saudi or the North Sea or the North Slope or Venezuela.

I understand Kid, and I sympathize with you, along with all the others who are in the same situation. As for me, I couldn't bring myself to buy one of their vehicles regardless of the circumstances. The " TODAYS WORLD " is where it's going on, but as I mentioned, I am too far into my ways to change now.

I did not serve in the military, but certain events like the 6 million Jewish souls that perished in the death camps, Pearl Harbor, and even recently with catastrophes like 9-11, make it extremely hard, if not absolutely impossible for me to forgive, so I guess I should just resign myself to take all these things to the grave.

Stepinwolf

I hear 'ya.

Thanks.

And, I apologize for starting the off topic discussion. Now, back to Project Blow.

Nah, don't worry I'll restart it back up there when I have something useful to say. I'll probably have some pictures up there by the weekend.

But Stepinwolf's point about the Holocaust bears reflection. Both of my parents were first generation Americans of Polish descent. I've visited Poland a number of times. Back when the C2s were new, I was over there and my family spoke of the family members that were lost to the Nazis in the war. They were sent to Auschwitz, which is the German name for the Western Polish town of Oswieciem (tough to transliterate from the Polish). So I visited Auschwitz. Enough said.

I agree it's tough to forget.

Man....I glad that's over with...:L

All good points though...

Now... I just got back from Hummer Land.. In Joisey..Man...They had this gigantic Red H-1 Hummer dummer..sitten up on a pile of rocks at there front entrance on what looked like a 50* angle.

It was very cool... It felt like my first .... Job. What a trill..my heart was pumpen as I got out of my 73 Thunderchicken Land Yatch. I was surrounded by Hummers of all different colors... Wow..!! Dreamland....This is cool.

As I turned around to wallk into this Brand new Modern Dealership with 12 foot high glass windows surrounding the showroom....I notice what appeared to be 5 or 6 manikins stairing at me.

After a second or two it dawned on me that these were real people.... and I was the center of attraction standing there in my shorts next to the Thunderchicken...

Ok...They never saw a 73 Thunderchicken...or was it the shorts..?? Weird..even for Joisey..:L

Any how... There was Red H3 Hummer (2006) Loaded with every thing I wanted ..except the DVD Nav System. So.. I'll be ording a Brand new 2007 Monday after Dealer # 2 get's back to me with his price so I can compare.

For those of you not aware..here in Joisey we have some new F up laws..
(1)... Sales tax just went to 7 %..(2) Auto registration on new Cars ..you must pay up front for 4 Years straight... That's about $500.00 to me...(3) Also New gas guzzler tax ..Now on Top of selling price is .4%..or to me about $160.00. The MPG on the H-3 is 15 City 19 Hwy...or 15 + 19 =34....Divide by 2 =17 Mpg or...if it was 20 I would have to pay the tax.

Stay away from Joisey.....:D

Poor Baby

Hey Boo Be glad you live in Jersoy, the regestration in California for your Hummer be about $400 plus per year and probably drops about 10% per year and the sales tax is any ehere from 7.75% to 8.5% depending on the county you reister the car in,

Now back to the real world Project Blow great idea and VNV knowd all about blowers, Take it from his brother he is a "real blow hard" Kid see if you cab convince VNV to buy the C-2 A/C on listed on the fourm.

The older but better looking bro

Viet Nam Vett said:
They had this gigantic Red H-1 Hummer dummer..sitten up on a pile of rocks at there front entrance on what looked like a 50* angle.
Rumour sez the H1 line will be terminated in 2007 due to poor sales.

-Mac

Mac said:
Rumour sez the H1 line will be terminated in 2007 due to poor sales.

-Mac

Yeah This is true.... only sold 450 last year...That's ok ..there still a bunch of them 4 wheel car crushers driven around.:D

vnv bro said:
Hey Boo Be glad you live in Jersoy, the regestration in California for your Hummer be about $400 plus per year and probably drops about 10% per year and the sales tax is any ehere from 7.75% to 8.5% depending on the county you reister the car in,

Now back to the real world Project Blow great idea and VNV knowd all about blowers, Take it from his brother he is a "real blow hard" Kid see, if you can convince VNV to buy the C-2 A/C on listed on the fourm.

The older but better looking bro

California for your Hummer be about $400 plus per year

And this would be for an H-3.?? Dam..Arnold is getten a little carried away!
No thanks..I'll just stay here in Joisey.

Anyway..I ordered the H3 yesterday..so in 6-8 weeks I'll get my tax money together and pay my 4 Year $500.00 Registratin & Inspection Fee's.

Better bring your "NASCAR" COOL SUIT to Carlisle..the heat from the 502 gets a tad bit hot inside the 65. I'll wait till you have some time to spend out here in Joisey ..this way I'll get your butt to help install the A/C.

Heh...We might have a 1 night room guest on Friday Night at Carlisle. Looks like Kid might be hanging out with us for the night. I told him he could have your bed and you can sleep on extra room cot.:L

Mark
why not drive over here to DE and buy the thing here and save on sales tax?? You know DE has no sales tax.
or is Joisey still going to hit you up for it when you take it back to register it?

BarryK said:
Mark
why not drive over here to DE and buy the thing here and save on sales tax?? You know DE has no sales tax.
or is Joisey still going to hit you up for it when you take it back to register it?

joisey will get its cut one way or another, if there were a loophole like that I'm sure it would be exploited :D

BarryK said:
Mark

Like Craig Says.. Joisey will get it's pound of Flesh when I title it here. I also have to Pay (.4%) Guzzler tax.. about $160.00.. It get's 19 MGP but still have to pay.

The way it works is like this... 15 MPG City ...19 MPG Hwy.

15 + 19 =34.....Divide by 2 = 17 You must = min of 20 MPG to avoid the Guzzler tax..

You Know what .. I dodn't give a S_ _ T..!! $3.00...$4.00 a Gallon...I'm still driven my Hummer.. Screw the tree huggers.. Ther's enough oil left on this planet for another 1000 years... The shortage is all hype..It's all about the money.

Oils still flowen @ $3.15 a gallon...where is the Shortage...:D

Jersey hits you with sales tax when you go to register the vehicle

Mark...you have mail

BTW, both my wife and me thoroughly enjoyed having you over for lunch, some great stories, especially about the "Chairman of the Board"

Kid_Again said:
Jersey hits you with sales tax when you go to register the vehicle

Mark...you have mail

BTW, both my wife and me thoroughly enjoyed having you over for lunch, some great stories, especially about the "Chairman of the Board"

Thanks.... You have mail...

Viet Nam Vett said:
Thanks.... You have mail...

Yup, thanks.

The Summit order is being processed.

Kid_Again said:
Yup, thanks.

The Summit order is being processed.

So you ordered the correct one....

This is an update on the roadster before I tear it apart for Project BLOW. It's also is a follow-on of the thread in the Lounge about this car just won't go down the shore.

Well, the roadster (sb) is down the shore and I swapped out the fuel pump to the Edelbrock mechanical street pump. Damn thing flooded out immediately and I saw the fuel pressure gauge reading at 9 psi :W

We were down da shore over the weekend but had to get back quickly. I got up REAL early to install a Holley fuel pressure regulator and a new distributor cap and rotor (VNV had previously noticed that the cap was loose on the distributor). Woke the neighbors up but I didn't have much time. Seems like the problems are solved. It looks ugly under the hood because I just added the regulator to the existing lines and tied it back with nylon ties :ugh . It's not going anywhere off the island and, anyway, it'll be torn down soon.

Hey Mark, when's the Boardwalk Corvette show? Hope it's not next weekend because we may not make it down.

ttfn

Hey Mark, when's the Boardwalk Corvette show? Hope it's not next weekend because we may not make it down.

The Show is on Sunday 9/24/06..... Doooooooooooohhh...!!! Guess you'll miss the 300 Corvette's that show up. Even Barry K brings about 20 or so cars from Delaware.

Bummer dude...:ugh

Dagnabbit! My wife comes in from an overseas business trip very early Saturday and she'll be in no mood to travel after that.

Oh well, I have lots to do on the coupe back home.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom