Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Project "BLOW" odyssey has begun!

Kid_Again

Corvette
65 SB Roadster, 66 BB Coupe
..yes, boys and girls it appears that the vortech supercharger for the '65 sb has arrived :D

...i will savor this for right now because it is plainly obvious to me that i have no idea what i'm in store for...you will all be entertained as I recount the exploits of me, VNV and JL66REDCPE figuring this one out...for example, i DON'T think i'm gonna like what i see when i swap out the heads for the new aluminum ones...i just may pull the 327 and go for a 383 (no Mark, no 572)...we'll see

....it will take a while to get all the correct parts together and find the time for everyone to come over - the fall's OK with me

.....time to increase the bar and cigar budget...fire away with your thoughts

Kid_Again said:
...fire away with your thoughts

I think it's gonna be fun to watch the action. :upthumbs

67HEAVEN said:
I think it's gonna be fun to watch the action. :upthumbs

Oh yeah..you guys are in for some pretty funny pictures....This project should be fun...All though..I my self have no clue weather Kid wants to do it.... up north or down in Ocean City

So let us know Kid..Where's all the fun taking place..??? OC I Hope..:D 383 is good ...Numbers Block goes in storage for sale with the car when you hit 90 years old...

4WDVETTE said:
If you guys are interested, count me in. North or south works for me.

Steve

Steve, sure. You're welcome to join the fray. I'll PM you my contact information. Heck, since you're just off the Pike, you're welcome to give me a call and take a cruise over to OCNJ just for ****s and giggles as VNV says. He and I havent' hooked up on this next point but me and the wife will be down this weekend. She's newly discharged from the hospital (nothing serious but she is not at all comfortable). Our Saturday morning is shot but, since she ain't really going anywhere of note, VNV may be interested in coming over Saturday afternoon or, definitely in second place would be Sunday. I'll be leaving OCNJ in the early evening on Sunday.

As 67HEAVEN mentioned, THIS will be one for the books. Since I have absolutley no interest in establishing my own website since it requires work on my part, the details will be chornicled here on this website. We have very few rules in Kid's Manor.

One is that Happy Hour is closed from 4-5AM EVERY day. No exceptions.

First guy up off the floor in the morning has to make the Dunkin' Donuts run.

All hammers/mallets/sledges used in construction must be faced with rags or wood because I bought the poished version and marring is not tolerated. Yup, I also went for the bling. VNV once said my engine bay looked a bit "dark". :eyerole That'll change NOW.

A few others will be published soon.

VNV, I'm targetting doing the install 'downa shore. That, of course, presupposes that I can actually MAKE it to the shore without any more drama from the '65. I took it on a drive the other night, about a half an hour, and it behaved perfectly.

Back to Project Blow. I have many questions that I'll pose to Mike at superchargers4less. I assume that I can NOT run vacuum lines off the carb once it's in the pressurized enclosure because even though there will be a vacuum signal, is it the corect vacuum signal? Should I pull the vacuum directly off of the intake manifold? Does this mean I should go to a mechanical advance distributor? (good thing this ain't the big block right now). What about hood clearance? If there's a problem, I can go two routes.

First is to go to the Edelbrock Torquer II intake which is about as low as I have seen. It's a single plane but I believe I can live with it's performance characteristics. If that is not enough, then I will go to a different hood. One of the fellow CACr's had a really well done C2 high rise outlaw hood for sale. Not sure about that. If we really work on this in the fall, I'll have the winter layover and might scrounge a hood and graft a different style center section. I've pinged some sites that sell larger '67 stingers that can be grafted on, for example. As it is, I have a stock '67 bb hood on the car now and may JUST get away with it. It's the inside clearance right at the lowest point of the stinger that may interfere with the supply tube going into the carb housing that may be tight.

THEN, of course, is my value-added proposition of also, simultaneously, adding the Moroso electric water pump :eyerole . VNV says, what the hell, we'll do what you want. If not, then I have to buy a long wayer pump. I HATE aligning pulleys.

The alternator will go back on the passenger side, possible requiring the use of a conventional water pump.

LOTS of trips to Advance Auto and the ACE Hardware Stores on Route 9 in my future, for sure.

Stay tuned.

This is gonna be fun to watch ;) Carlisle is coming up you may find one already installed on a car if you look hard enough :W:Wand get some answers.

bossvette said:
This is gonna be fun to watch ;) Carlisle is coming up you may find one already installed on a car if you look hard enough :W:Wand get some answers.

Hmmmm...very good advice.

VNV will confirm that I am a contrarian. Just because a guy really did a good job and executed a first class installation, I do it differently because it's a challenge. As an example, just search the archives where I tried to go for the prize of having as many pulleys as possible on one v-belt on a midyear. :D

BUT I will pay attention to someone who's BTDT.

Thanks

Hey Kid, If you are out there for a test ride and only want to go 20 minutes for a cold one, call my cell (sent you a PM) and I'll give you directions. As the neighbors say, we are down in the boondocks.

Steve

4WDVETTE said:
Hey Kid, If you are out there for a test ride and only want to go 20 minutes for a cold one, call my cell (sent you a PM) and I'll give you directions. As the neighbors say, we are down in the boondocks.

Steve

Will do...decent ride for the '66 :w

now this is going to get goooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I went to the site and they don't list prices...would you PM me the cost of a set up?

thanks, Herb

As an example, just search the archives where I tried to go for the prize of having as many pulleys as possible on one v-belt on a midyear. :D

............;LOL :L ...

Heh Let me know about This Saturday...not to much going on. Well I do have that Console job to finish that Iwas telling you about but ..banging a few down and puffen on a couple of cigars & and watching the bikini contest in front of your mansion might take precedence.

Also ..not sure yet ..but I might have to drive to Jenkintown to see a Dealer about the new Hummer on Staurday. If not that'll be Monday.

Any way..you still have to finish up the BB Dewitts in the 66. So let me know. Also we can get Steve in trouble with his wife if he wants to show up.:L

Heh I'm ready to rip into the Blow project. Except were not going to do the 67Heaven ..document the paint chips and bolt thread pitch Web Site . Ok...I mean this is going to be...heh..pass me that mar-tuny- glass will ya. and also give me that 9/16" wrench. Ok...Smile...(Shoot A Pic ..Post On CAC).

Yeah.. this is gona be fun...:D

firstgear said:
I went to the site and they don't list prices...would you PM me the cost of a set up?

thanks, Herb

you have mail

Viet Nam Vett said:
............;LOL :L ...

Heh Let me know about This Saturday...not to much going on. Well I do have that Console job to finish that Iwas telling you about but ..banging a few down and puffen on a couple of cigars & and watching the bikini contest in front of your mansion might take precedence.

Also ..not sure yet ..but I might have to drive to Jenkintown to see a Dealer about the new Hummer on Staurday. If not that'll be Monday.

Any way..you still have to finish up the BB Dewitts in the 66. So let me know. Also we can get Steve in trouble with his wife if he wants to show up.:L

Heh I'm ready to rip into the Blow project. Except were not going to do the 67Heaven ..document the paint chips and bolt thread pitch Web Site . Ok...I mean this is going to be...heh..pass me that mar-tuny- glass will ya. and also give me that 9/16" wrench. Ok...Smile...(Shoot A Pic ..Post On CAC).

Yeah.. this is gona be fun...:D

Yeah, my thought is this site needs more of a "how to do this" section, a bit like the articles in CHP or the new version of Hot Rod. But this will be one part technical and one part "smoke 'em if 'ya got 'em".

Funny, I'm, picking up a daily driver on Saturday. I bought an Acura TSX. I wanted to be as open minded as possible but I was amazed that no American vehicle made the cut for my shopping list. Sorry Mr. Wagoner.

Kid_Again said:
Yeah, my thought is this site needs more of a "how to do this" section, a bit like the articles in CHP or the new version of Hot Rod. But this will be one part technical and one part "smoke 'em if 'ya got 'em".

Funny, I'm, picking up a daily driver on Saturday. I bought an Acura TSX. I wanted to be as open minded as possible but I was amazed that no American vehicle made the cut for my shopping list. Sorry Mr. Wagoner.

Funny, I'm, picking up a daily driver on Saturday
So you won't be down this week end...???

Funny, I'm, picking up a daily driver on Saturday
I was amazed that no American vehicle made the cut for my shopping list. Sorry Mr. Wagoner.

Bummer..I headen over to Perrine Hummer in Cranbury NJ...I'm buying American.....When the warranty runs out I'll buy another...:D

Viet Nam Vett said:
Bummer..I headen over to Perrine Hummer in Cranbury NJ...I'm buying American.....When the warranty runs out I'll buy another...:D

For this, I'll go OT. I'll buy General Motors until they burn the friggin' factories down. Then I'll stop buying new cars from anyone.

Now, back to swinging from the rafters with "the Boys". ;)

Viet Nam Vett said:
So you won't be down this week end...???

Yup, going down tonight. Hopefully will pick up the car at the Acura dealer on Fire Road at "Oh dark hundred"

I think that if I wanted a truck or an SUV (a REAL one as opposed to my CR-V "truckette"), I would consider American. With a 50 mile commute, ain't nobody going to get me to buy ANYTHING but Asian.

Maybe we can start a thread in the Lounge but the reality of this marketplace is that once a consumer has a reason to move away from the American product, the numbers demonstrate that the value proposition keeps them away from domestics. Follow the money. :(

67HEAVEN said:
For this, I'll go OT. I'll buy General Motors until they burn the friggin' factories down. Then I'll stop buying new cars from anyone.

;)

Bob,

Reading my mind, and uttering my words out of your mouth will no longer be tolerated around here. One more time and I will move this thread elsewhere. ;LOL

Stepinwolf

Kid_Again said:
I think that if I wanted a truck or an SUV (a REAL one as opposed to my CR-V "truckette"), I would consider American. With a 50 mile commute, ain't nobody going to get me to buy ANYTHING but Asian.

:(

Kid, I'll buy asian when they say their sorry. ,,,:ugh

http://www.mansell.com/pow_resources/Formosa/taiwandocs.html

Just my opinion, and I'm having a tough time trying to change my mind.

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
Kid, I'll buy asian when they say their sorry. ,,,:ugh

http://www.mansell.com/pow_resources/Formosa/taiwandocs.html

Just my opinion, and I'm having a tough time trying to change my mind.

Stepinwolf

Hey, I understand. My father served in WWII. Has anybody checked about how long ago that was? You'll never get the apology so you will never forgive.

Much as it distresses me, I live in TODAY'S WORLD and have it make it on my own. Extending your logic, I hate the fact that the Saudis support interntaional terrorism. Yet I buy gasoline and kerosene that comes from Saudi (or Iran) because I can't specify whether my gas comes from Saudi or the North Sea or the North Slope or Venezuela.

So, everyone has biases and that's part of all of us.

Rhetorically, how does one feel when one fills up the tank and has a fair degree of certainty that the money is being used to slaughter innocents in Baghdad or Kiryat Shmona in Israel? A bit more relevant than who lost the war 60 years ago.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom