Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Right Polish

ToneTone

Corvette
1996 Silver Coupe CE
What polish/wax can you recommend for the Corvette??? I know that some are much better than others. Would rely on the past experiences of our group!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!:beer

Hib Halverson, our resident automotive industry journalist, wrote a great article a while back on polishing... you can read it here.

:thumb

Hope that helps!

As for a specific type of polish, lots of folks here use Zaino or C-Magic. I've used Liquid Glass for years with a lot of success.

Check out Zaino at this zainobros.com I highly recommend the whole process but once you've done the claybar you may not need to do so again for quite some time. I use Zaino on all my vehicles (2 vettes, Nissan daily driver and Silverado pickup) and always get compliments on all four:D

I have moved this to the Care & Detailing section as I think it will generate more responses. As far as which polish is best, you will get as many answers as there are products! There are many great brands.

Elaine

I have used both Zaino and C-Magic and find that I like C-Magic best. C-Magic is the one used by the NCM for their delivery cars and the wax that Hib describes on this site and in Corvette Enthausiast. Use a quality micro fiber cloth. Some people like Turtle Wax Ice. Remember you should clay bar the car first. One clay bar brand is as good as another as they are all made by the same company.
Barrett

Well, I'll throw in my $.02......I like Adams products. They have a full line of car care products and an ironclad satisfaction guarantee.

Like the others have said, Claybar first then follow up with the polish of your choice.

What polish/wax can you recommend for the Corvette??? I know that some are much better than others. Would rely on the past experiences of our group!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!:beer
can u give us more details , is the car garage , daily driver , u look in something that last as protection, or just for look ...
about polish , do you use any tools or plan using any tools? details....

I have tried many different products. There are many variables. Find a good reference work for an explanation of the the basics of polishing and waxing. For the past three or so years,I have used Griot's Garage products. For my black 1967 and 1999 Vettes, both of which are in the garage except on sunny days, "Best of Show" wax really works. The problem is that pure wax products don't have staying power. I use Griot's "Paint Sealant" for my red daily driver. It contains both polish and wax, and lasts for months, even though the car is exposed to the elements. There are a lot of other good products on the market. Quick waxing story: in 2003 my wife and I were at the Corvette Museum with our 1999, in the parking lot. Then Chief Corvette Engineer Dave Hill was there, and stopped by our car. I wanted him to autograph my engine compartment. He wanted to know what wax I used! I told him about my wax, and he signed the underside of the hood of the car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom