Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Role of a Community Moderator

Thanks to Rob, all of the Admin. and Mods.

I am addicted to this place. I am lucky; one of the racing team’s sponsors is a mobile fone company, so I can connect back to my desktop from anywhere for free. Sunday with 65,000 motorcycles at the track I managed to check in on Ken’s and Vig’s progress.

Thanks again.
:CAC

SPANISHVETTS said:
Thanks to Rob, all of the Admin. and Mods.

I am addicted to this place. I am lucky; one of the racing team’s sponsors is a mobile fone company, so I can connect back to my desktop from anywhere for free. Sunday with 65,000 motorcycles at the track I managed to check in on Ken’s and Vig’s progress.

Thanks again.
:CAC
:L Now that's dedication! :) Thanks and glad you enjoy the site. :)

SPANISHVETTS said:
Sunday with 65,000 motorcycles at the track I managed to check in on Ken’s and Vig’s progress.

I'm flattered! :gap

Great moderators.

Just my THANK YOU ! to Rob and the Crew here, not only do they do a great job in running this site, but they make you feel welcome off the get-go, and chime in with help and directions if needed; and thanks to them, when you meet CAC people in person, you meet friends. So:
Thanks Rob & Crew for the work you guys do, it cant be said enough.. :w

Stefan,

I know I can speak for all the moderators, administrators and Rob when I say thanks! It's always such a thrill to meet some CAC folks, and I certainly enjoyed seeing you in Carlisle!!

Elaine

Moderators are Volunteers... Take a hint and apply now!

Each and every moderator is well aware of (the) overall goals for the Corvette Action Center site, and (the) desire to not only run a professional site, but also, a professional online Corvette Community.

However, we are human, and we do make mistakes. If at any time, you feel that a community moderator is not performing his/her job as outlined here, or you do not agree with how one of them has handled a particular situation, then by all means, contact Rob and he will be more than happy to jump in, assess the situation and take appropriate action if necessary.

This Corvette community is not a dictatorship run by a group of military dissidents. ... (it is) a democracy. With that said, (Administration) is always open to comments and/or criticism regarding the Corvette Action Center web site, this community and the people that help run these forums. :)
I thought I'd just bring this subject up again. ;)

_ken :CAC

Moderators

I agree with everything that has been said and would like to add that this is the best site on the net for Corvettte people. I was dabbing around with another site but it doesn't even come close to what I wanted to get out of a forum. CAC is the BEST bar none.

I would also like to ask; how did CAC start, when and etc. A little history lesson on this would be interesting to me. I am sure it had to start with someones idea and I would also like to know other than the very modest supporting membership fee how is it financed? Just thoguht this would be interesting to know and maybe other members would like to know as well. What I have been able to gather at this point is that it started somewhere around 2000....Other than that would it be possible to post the history of the site sometime?

Thanks,

Bill Barkdull, Supporting Member and very proud of it. If I can be of any further support to this forum I would be honored and it would be my pleasure. I absolutely love visiting with people that have Corvettes and experiences that we can all learn from. The whole staff and membership is awesome for sure.

Ken said:
You can also find information about the origins and the mission of the CAC here: About Us. :CAC
Thank you I read the editorial and history of :CAC my compliments to you and all you make this site the best on the NET! I have looked at some others but they do not even come close to this one, IT IS THE BEST BAR NONE!

Proud to be a Support Member,

Bill :w

2000C-5 Black Coupe Owner said:
I agree with everything that has been said and would like to add that this is the best site on the net for Corvettte people. I was dabbing around with another site but it doesn't even come close to what I wanted to get out of a forum. CAC is the BEST bar none.

I would also like to ask; how did CAC start, when and etc. A little history lesson on this would be interesting to me. I am sure it had to start with someones idea and I would also like to know other than the very modest supporting membership fee how is it financed? Just thoguht this would be interesting to know and maybe other members would like to know as well. What I have been able to gather at this point is that it started somewhere around 2000....Other than that would it be possible to post the history of the site sometime?

Thanks,

Bill Barkdull, Supporting Member and very proud of it. If I can be of any further support to this forum I would be honored and it would be my pleasure. I absolutely love visiting with people that have Corvettes and experiences that we can all learn from. The whole staff and membership is awesome for sure.
Bill,

Thank you for the very kind words and I'm glad that you enjoy the site. Hopefully the editorial and the About Us page that Ken linked to answered your questions. If you have any others, feel free to ask. Happy Holidays! :)

Rob said:
Bill,

Thank you for the very kind words and I'm glad that you enjoy the site. Hopefully the editorial and the About Us page that Ken linked to answered your questions. If you have any others, feel free to ask. Happy Holidays! :)
Rob your very welcome, pretty awesome story, the editorial was great reading, and again the site is wonderful and addictive to say the least.:)

Happy Holidays To You, And Your Family As Well!

Rob said:
Each and every moderator is well aware of my overall goals for the Corvette Action Center site and my desire to not only run a professional site, but also, a professional online Corvette Community. However, we are human, and we do make mistakes. If at any time, you feel that a community moderator is not performing his/her job as outlined here, or you do not agree with how one of them has handled a particular situation, then by all means, contact me and I will be more than happy to jump in, assess the situation and take appropriate action if necessary.

This Corvette community is not a dictatorship run by a group of military dissidents. I consider it to be a democracy. With that said, I am always open to comments and/or criticism regarding the Corvette Action Center web site, this community and the people that help run these forums. :)

I'll add something for other folks in layman's terms-

Moderators HERD cats.

I think that is the best way to describe the actions of the moderators here. Lots of people... sometimes moving with the spirit of the forum- sometimes not. They (moderators) must be able to deal with the slightest to the most extreme situation as they guide the forum into a meaningful means of communication, community, and knowledge sharing.

And they do it for the vision of a great forum.

Moderators

With all due respect to the other moderators, Tammy is the best.

Thank you all for being the BEST!

You said it all Rowdy1, the Administrators, Moderators and Rob are all great; but what keeps me coming back is the members. They are second to none; and I sure missed your burnt out at the Baymont this year; that's just not right. I also missed drinking a few beers with you as much :beer

Bill :_rock

Me To

I missed you as well my friend. The :lou was by "Special Request."

Rowdy1 said:
I missed you as well my friend. The :lou was by "Special Request."

Just couldn't imagine a cruise fest without one of your special :lou you da Man :_rock Also quite an Idol celebrity :beer CAC just woulld not be the same without you that's for sure :upthumbs

Hopefully I can make it to the next one; hope to take a couple of days getting there and not get into a big rush. Never been to Colorado and I hear it is awesome.

Is It Definite?

I haven't begun to catch up on all the action here since my PC was down so long and at BG it wasn't set in stone for Colorado. I'll have the vacation time to go, it's the $$$ that would be the problem. I may have to go back to one of my old professions :booty to raise some cash.;LOL :rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom