Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The sad end of a saga

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
About 5 years ago I was able to purchase the complete GM inventory of original side pipe exhaust mufflers. My original intention was to re-distribute, or resell them to Corvette enthusiasts like myself, so that a lot of hobbyist could have the befit of the original, and factory style look, and sound that these units are famous for.

However as everything changes, including our priorities, a few years back I had to sell off the complete inventory. Quite a few resellers, including " Pro-Team " contacted me, but I refused to sell them to anyone other then a hobbyist like myself so that more people could afford, and enjoy, the muffled sound that is only seen with these original pipes.

So they were all sold to a gentlemen out of Chicago by the name of C.S. since he had the intention, and the means to distribute them in a way I had intended to do. Sadly, the more things change, the more they are the same. They have now all been sold to a Corvette reseller and are now advertised for sale in the exact way that had hoped they would not be.

I guess my grandpa was right when he used to tell me the story about the " best laid plans of mice and men " :eyerole

Stepinwolf

I'm glad I got to see them, first hand. :)

I remember the thread Now,I would'a sure liked a set of them for my 69!!:upthumbs

I remember the thread Now,I would'a sure liked a set of them for my 69!!:upthumbs

I would have liked to see you get a set, but they would not have fit correctly.

Bob, I thought you had seen them when you came up the last time. :confused

Stepinwolf

What do you mean by "hoped they would not be."?

Paul, I didn't want the whole load to end up with one of the Corvette resellers. When I sold them the buyer told me he would be offering them to people like ourselves through various Forums and user groups.

Stepinwolf

Does this mean they will be sold at ridicules inflated prices....just because they are NOS.

If so that sucks..:mad

Does this mean they will be sold at ridicules inflated prices....just because they are NOS.

If so that sucks..:mad

Mark, you got that right.

This is why in all my builds I am slowly shying away from the " original " crap with it's redicules pricing. BTW, the ad clearly states, " starting at 1500$ a set "

If that is the case, and they start at 1500$ I wonder where they will stop. :ugh

Paul, you should give them a call at 574 722-7272 and post the final pricing ( not the name of the business )

Stepinwolf

Mark, you got that right.

This is why in all my builds I am slowly shying away from the " original " crap with it's redicules pricing. BTW, the ad clearly states, " starting at 1500$ a set "

If that is the case, and they start at 1500$ I wonder where they will stop. :ugh

Paul, you should give them a call at 574 722-7272 and post the final pricing ( not the name of the business )

Stepinwolf

The way I see it is...if the buyer doesn't care about being NOS ...then people like Allen's and Sweet Thunder are going to get a lot more business..:D

The way I see it is...if the buyer doesn't care about being NOS ...then people like Allen's and Sweet Thunder are going to get a lot more business..:D

Quite possible Mark but on the other hand, we most certainly won't see their mufflers priced anywhere close to 1500 + dollars$

Héll if they start producing more of them, one day they may get everything right and sell some that actually fit correctly. :L

Wouldn't that be a bÎtch,,,

Stepinwolf

Quite possible Mark but on the other hand, we most certainly won't see their mufflers priced anywhere close to 1500 + dollars$

Héll if they start producing more of them, one day they may get everything right and sell some that actually fit correctly. :L

Wouldn't that be a bÎtch,,,

Stepinwolf

That is my point... They Won't be selling them for $1500 each..:D.....Hence people will buy there's;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom