Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Sound And The Fury

MM-C5

Corvette
2013 Cyber Grey Grand Sport Coupe
I had a 2013 Grand Sport with the Mild To Wild exhaust option. In the Wild mode, the car had nice rumble at idle and a very aggressive sound through acceleration. Downshifting produced a significant amount of "backtalk" through the exhausts.

Today, I have a 2017 Grand Sport, again with the adjustable exhaust settings. My suspension is set to Sport and the exhaust is set to Track.

Sadly, the exhaust tone is nowhere near that of the '13 at idle or during acceleration, and there is virtually no "backtalk" during downshifting.

I have looked at after market exhausts but have not found any that work with the existing baffles. Does anyone have any idea why the sound is so diminished and any suggestions on how to get both up and down shift sounds to be more aggressive? :confused;shrug

Thanks

Is there a lot of difference between the settings on the new one? Maybe it's malfunctioning, and not opening the baffles all the way? ;shrug I don't know. Like you, I would think it would be more aggressive.

Is there a lot of difference between the settings on the new one? Maybe it's malfunctioning, and not opening the baffles all the way? ;shrug I don't know. Like you, I would think it would be more aggressive.

That's a good question. My understanding is that there are baffles fore and aft of the muffler. I cannot see the ones ahead but the ones aft are fully open 100% of the time. As for the lack of "back talk", I've been told that has something to do with the exhaust system upstream of mufflers.

The whole thing baffles me and muffles my ability to "express" myself! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom