Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The stars are aligning for my 62!

David Hawkins

Corvette
1962 Ermine White Hardtop
Within the past week, I've managed to find a Carter AFB and 349 intake from April of 1962 (my car was built in May). The seller also has a new single point vacuum advance distributor. I thought this was pretty sweet - how could it get better? Well...I just won this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=140075580893&rd=1&rd=1

Considering that I've never seen a pair of 461X heads for less than $1000 bare, I'm stoked...and they're from April, 1962!

The way things are going, I'm going to start hunting for a block! I may be able to get rid of this combination of 67-69 parts in my engine bay before the end of the year!

Dave,
I have my original 62, 300 block that I pulled form my 62 in 1969. My dad and I re ringed it and put in new bearings. The car ran fine. He used to balance his cigarette on the edge of the carb on the running car as it idled so smooth. I pulled it to put in a 327/350 crate shortblock.
I don't want to get your hopes up as I am looking for the current owner to see if he wants to buy the engine. Engine stamped with SI120xx. has the original intake and water outlet. Calculated build date of 5.31 or 6.1.

Dave,
I have my original 62, 300 block that I pulled form my 62 in 1969. My dad and I re ringed it and put in new bearings. The car ran fine. He used to balance his cigarette on the edge of the carb on the running car as it idled so smooth. I pulled it to put in a 327/350 crate shortblock.
I don't want to get your hopes up as I am looking for the current owner to see if he wants to buy the engine. Engine stamped with SI120xx. has the original intake and water outlet. Calculated build date of 5.31 or 6.1.

If only it were 2 weeks earlier in build! Thanks for the offer...but I'm still on the fence over whether I want to spend too much time on the block or not. I don't even know if I'm going to install these heads anytime soon, but it was sweet to find them. My wife just wanted me to get a carb that didn't make your eyes water while the car was idling...so I've got some expenses to justify :)

Isnt it real nice when things start to fall in place for you. like some one is watching out for you

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom