Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Wave is alive and well!

Doug 87L98

Corvette
1987 Red Coupe
The past two days the weather was fantastic. So instead of driving my work van, I took the Vette out. While driving these past two days I past 10 other Vettes and all but 2 waved back. That's 8 out of 10! And they were all C5s!

c5's? What is the world coming to? Since I sold the 01', it looks like I will have to start waving. My arm is a little rusty, though.

Wish I could say the same. Sometimes I wonder how you could drive a corvette, and not be so proud of your car that you wouldn't recognize others that share in it's ancestry and heritage. I get about 25% replies to my waves here, and I often wonder how many of those thought I was waving because I knew them.

C5ers here rarely wave, and even C3ers don't really seem to care (which I would have thought they would be the best wavers for some reason).

The wave

what's with the C5 drivers:confused , most C4's always wave back :w

I wave!

I wave ,but many have not been educated to their responsibilities.SNOBS

My C4 buddy at work taught me the ways of the wave when I got my first vette, a C5. Always waved in the C5 and continue to wave in the C6. I think it's cool, and has become something like a "hunt" whenever I take the vette out: will I meet a kindred spirit or no ;shrug ?

Dave :w

Wave

I' ve been waving since 1973, most wave too, the only time I don't wave is when I'm pre-occupied with some other driver whos driving habits scare me.

The newer vettes dont seem to wave but the older ones do.

:w It's definitely a Vette thang!!!! Wave even if others don't wave back. Hopefully, they'll learn. I think Vette dealers should slip a little pamphlet on Vette etiqutte in the glove box of every Vette sold.

I agree.The new group look at your like your trying to violate them.

Not once but, EIGHT TIMES !!?? Say it isn't so.

I'm still looking for my first one. I've got the award sitting on the pax seat, just ready to chase them down and bestow it on them.

Eight times - wow.

The corvette wave response I get is similar to the biker wave response's I had. The guys who are into there bikes ( or vettes ) for the sheer pleasure of becoming one with the road beneath their tires will wave, be it a harley, jap bike or a BMW (which I rode) The folks who are into the image of "Im driveing a H-D and your'e not" wont wave unless you have a bigger H-D. And of course you have the "Im too busy looking cool so I just wont look at you" crowd. They aren't even looking for a wave. Then there is the "I'm hanging on for dear life and am not releasing my grip on the bars for nothing" You get the idea. For the most part though, I have had very positive wave responses from all yr vette owners. Enjoy the ride, save the wave. :)

I'd love to wave,but with that Doug-Nash tranny there times I'm just a bit too busy

I noticed most people wave, meaning that men wave. Haven't seen a woman wave at me yet. They just drive right past.

I've been waving since 1967 and receive about 80% wave backs. Although Vette guys started the wave, it has since been adopted by bikes, Miata's and now Jeeps. Great idea about dealers and individuals telling new Vette owners about the tradition of the wave. In fact you can copy the history from this website and give it to new owners.

I've been waving since 1978 and really missed it the years between when I was I am ashamed to say Vetteless. :w KEEP THE WAVE ALIVE

Not once but, EIGHT TIMES !!?? Say it isn't so.

I'm still looking for my first one. I've got the award sitting on the pax seat, just ready to chase them down and bestow it on them.

Eight times - wow.
Hey man!I'll wave at you,the problem is,we're both probably headed towards the airport at different times!I'm bound to see you sometime,especially if your near G-town on Poplar.

Since joining the "Corvette Brotherhood" 6 years ago I've tried to wave to every Corvette I meet on the road. And a majority of the time I get a wave returned, from every generation. I don't want to single out any gen as being 'non-wavers' as I don't think it is the car that dictates the behavior, it is the individual behind the wheel.

In addition to 'Vettes I also try to wave to most of the other classic cars I meet while out-n-about. And more often than not I get a return wave. It doesn't matter what kind of ride you're enjoying at the time. The simple fact that you're out there enjoying your ride is reason enough to share the moment with a wave to a fellow car enthusiast who is out enjoying theirs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom