Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The WOW! thread...

BarryK said:
at speed? you mean Heaven goes fast? :eyerole

;LOL ;LOL

And she has the battle scars to prove it. I spent a lot of time watching her in the mirror and occasionally looking at her butt. :L

Check the 2nd photo in post #44 here.

Here's one I took this morning, Tom.

IMG_2767-400.jpg

I never saw or heard (like I would hear it ;LOL ) anything, but I've got two slices through the paint and into the fiberglass from the early portion of the trip.

Luckily, it's easy to fix the black portion of the nose. A fender would be another matter.

Bob
you are going to make your painter very upset to see his work damaged like that! :L

DRIVING ANALYSIS: Part 3

When the roads were in reasonable condition, and that was for much of the trip, Heaven travelled straight and true. I could take my hand off the wheel for long stretches and no correction was required. There were no vibrations to be felt.

A couple of times, during heavy rainstorms, I got caught in truck-ruts full of water and started hydroplaning. :eek Slowed me down quickly.

I got some water inside during the heaviest rains. Do you know why? Cause it was nearly 100 degrees in the cockpit on the trip down and I left the damn windows all the way down, that's why. :gap I arrived soaking wet, exhausted, but happy, at The Baymont. That first beer sure went down well. :gap Thanks Rowdy. :beer

With the change in weather, the trip back home was cool and refreshing, thank God*.

Many times, when convoying, we got hung up in traffic. Once an opening revealed itself, the 502 took care of that. Oh baby! I do admit to playing a bit now and then, but once I got out of radio range from my support vehicle, I brought her back down again. ;)

More....

Doug is going to need that 572/620hp engine in the Tahoe to keep up with you. :D

67HEAVEN said:
DRIVING ANALYSIS: Part 2
Which brings me to a brief commentary on Michigan's portions of I-94 and I-75. :ugh :puke :bash :(
Without exaggerating, it was like riding a bucking bull in a bar. The VB&P suspension is best used in a spirited driving setting, conducted on roads. Hopefully, the citizens of Michigan will encourage their politicians to build some. :eyerole

More coming...

Our roads in Michigan are simply a crying shame, and in spite of the six gazillion orange barrels and detours for "Road Work" from the day the snow stops until the day it starts again, the roads just get worse and worse. That's why we don't have the Hot Rod Power Tour any more - it used to start in Pontiac, but there were so many complaints from the participants about blown tires, bent wheels, and broken suspension components because of our lousy roads, we came off the HRPT map after the first two years, never to be seen again :eyerole .

Sounds like you had a great time, and the reliability of your ride is a testament to your craftsmanship and attention to detail - congratulations! :D

:lou :beer

DRIVING ANALYSIS: Part 4

Although I have some idea of the acceptance of you CAC C1/C2 guys for this hotrod, and of the general public, I am pleased to report that most C3/C4/C5/C6 folks at CruiseFest were somewhat supportive.

Dare I boast a little?
PeoplesChoice.jpg

On behalf of CruiseFest, Eric announced Heaven's win this way.

While reading the tally sheet, he said something like, "The fix was in. There's no need for me to read the winner's name. On the count of three, why don't y'all yell it out?" And they did. :D

Thanks very much everyone.

Tom Bryant said:
Doug is going to need that 572/620hp engine in the Tahoe to keep up with you. :D

Or a better radio, the only thing different from a string and a can setup was the string was missing. I was really amazed at the milage Bob got with those 3:08s I figured he would stop 3 times to my one :upthumbs The one time Bob had vapor lock was also about the same time the whole Caravan almost made a wrong turn. We were hanging to the back and noticed that most of the pack was in the turn lane for 64-71. I radioed "You Boys are in the wrong lane" and there were Corvettes everywhere Scrambling to get to the left.
We went from the back of the pack to way up front, I slowed down and let the pack go by, tried the "radio" but no Bob :confused so I pulled over and waited.
Finally a little red dot in the mirror appears and grows larger and we take off again, we caught the pack in no time and continued to BG with no other problems.

Stick to buying Imperial gallons Bob...you get much better gas mileage (16.93 miles per) compared to US Gallons only 14.09. :L ;)

I am still waiting to hear about how Miss Universe could't bring herself to be without you all weekend. ;LOL

JonM said:
Stick to buying Imperial gallons Bob...you get much better gas mileage (16.93 miles per) compared to US Gallons only 14.09. :L ;)

I tried to buy some Imperial gallons in Kentucky, Jon, but they gave me the hairy eyeball. ;squint:

67HEAVEN said:
On behalf of CruiseFest, Eric announced Heaven's win this way.

While reading the tally sheet, he said something like, "The fix was in. There's no need for me to read the winner's name. On the count of three, why don't y'all yell it out?" And they did. :D

Thanks very much everyone.

If the fix was really in it wouldn't have had a C6 on it, It doesn't matter what generation, or even whether they are a Vette lover or not your car just Impresses people, now if you run accross that red 67 Chevelle for your wife to drive and a nice red 67 Camaro for Doug just think of the looks you will get;)

Craig
we just ran across a '67 Chevelle last week for sale about 3 miles from our house. The guy wants way too much $$ for the condition though and he is firm on the price. He must be living in a fantasy world.
now a '67-'69 Camaro I'd take - preferably a SS/RS. I love the hide-away headlights on the RS.

Across from the NCM is a place called Arts Corvette and he has many other cars, in fact I think we spent as much time in there as we did in the NCM

www.artsvett.com

If you bought a car from him it would be almost like the museam delivery on a new C6;LOL

JonM said:
Stunning...Bob you can keep Miss U...I'll take the car. :W

Thanks, Jon, but she said she wasn't quite finished with me yet anyway. :naughty:

P.S. I really should add some more driving comments but I'm still flushing the alcohol outta my system. Man, those dudes can drink.
:lou Did I mention Rowdy was there? ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom