Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The WOW! thread...

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo...!!!!!!!

Did You Say...... support vehicle ??????

You Had a Freaken Support Vehicle...???? And here I thought you were Going in the Nude....Ruffen it...Taken the Big Dip...Going all the way...A Manly trip down south.....Trusting your work.....Whooooooooooo................

Support Vehical.......:gap

Viet Nam Vett said:

You Had a Freaken Support Vehicle...???? And here I thought you were Going in the Nude....Ruffen it...Taken the Big Dip...Going all the way...A Manly trip down south.....Trusting your work.....Whooooooooooo................

I needed room for all that Canadian Moose Pee, various props and whoopie cushions, and space for bringing home the trophies. :L

67HEAVEN said:
I needed room for all that Canadian Moose Pee, various props and whoopie cushions, and space for bringing home the trophies. :L

Ok...............Well That makes sense.... Beer is important... Mabe next year you can figure out how to install a BIG TANK in the rear area and fill That with Moose Pee...........

Mark, I think the real reason he needed the support vehicle was so he had a place big enough to pass out in out in the parking lot after all the drinking and festivities........not to mention a vehicle roomy enough to spend some "private" time entertaining Miss U. :beer

Road Trip

Hello 67
I am glad to hear that your trip went well. The gas mileage is impressive, I never would of thought .
I'm happy that you had a safe(mechanically and physically) journey
Tom
You may be tired, but the smile shines through

Bob and crew congrats on the trip.thats quite a shake down run and just as I thought A flawless run.

It has alot to say about the cars quaility and the care you took in putting it togther

Great job!I hope all of your future trips are as good and hope the car serves you well for another 38 years before you have to rebuild it again.

You should be very proud of your accomplishment,Now you have to work on getting it inot some magazine to share with the rest of the corvette folks who dont visit the C.A.C

REPORT FROM THE SUPPORT VEHICLE

WOW is right! One advantage running blocker in the Tahoe...I had one fantastic view of the whole caravan of vettes pulling into the passing lane and following them for the trip to BG. I should have had the camera! As said in another post it was a safe, sensible crowd who got there in one piece safely, what an enjoyable first time experience for me! Having the two way radios for communication is a must for these caravans and well worth the money. Wonderful to hear all made it home afterwards except for Lou who stayed a bit longer, look out Bowling Green!;)

The organizers did a fantastic job, it was obvious the extensive planning that went into the Cruisefest and we are all grateful for all their efforts. The tours were excellent, the choice of Baymont Hotel, the BBQ by Roscoe was great, the members..... the BEST! It was great to finally meet so many of the CAC family, they're great on line but even more fun in person. Yes it was a long drive for many but worth every mile. If you missed it please make the effort to attend the next one. You won't regret it!

Thank you everyone for your gracious hospitality. If 67Heaven will take passengers I'm definately on again for next year. Craig (Bossvette), a personnal thank you again to you and Courtney for opening your wonderful home to Bob and I Wednesday night and going to all that trouble to pave the driveway for '67;) and letting us join in the thrill of the caravan with all of you. Tom thanks for showing us the "legendary" vette which has been witnessed as existing but we didn't take pictures:L and for keeping us in stitches with your stories.

Running support for '67 was fun. He's easy to pick out and with the height of the Tahoe I got a clear view for quite a distance which I sometimes needed! Easier to see certain "decaled cars" in the ditches or on the ramps too!Michigan highways!!!!! I thought Bob had a severe case of hiccups the way that he bounced around on that highway! With his suspension system it even looked uncomfortable and with no air conditioning!!!! When we got to BG I think he lost 10 lbs and was 3" shorter! BUT he did what he said he would and built a driver and drove it there and back and as you read on other posts the car performed fantastic, mechanically and with great gas mileage. The fuel pump issue is minor and will be corrected soon. A few cruising "wounds" which were not wanted but weren't unexpected but what a car! Bob will no doubt be supplying further details in posts.

Trying to keep up in the Tahoe was challenging at times especially after some sharp turns. I found my backside sliding out my seat and heading for the door a few times but the boys slowed down and waited for me to catch up. I still feel guilty that at Craigs' Bob got out of the '67 soaked from sweat and I jokingly said to Craig I had to put a coat on because it was too cold in the Tahoe and I didn't know how to change it from 60F. We enjoy bugging each other at the most opportune times!

All in all a wonderful, memorable, safe trip and thank you again to all you warmhearted members and to all the organizers! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!:upthumbs
Have a safe trip home Lou. See you at Carlise!:lou

Bob,

Congratulations on the project, the journey and the recognition. :upthumbs

Well earned, well deserved and, I'm sure, appreciated.

See you in Carlisle,

Rich Lagasse

67HEAVEN said:
I tried to buy some Imperial gallons in Kentucky, Jon, but they gave me the hairy eyeball. ;squint:

Nothing like the hairy eyeball you got when you asked for WHITE VINEGAR for your french fries in the restaurant;LOL . Vinegar and ketchup mmmm, it's a Canadian thing!:upthumbs

Bob,

Congratulations on the flawless trip and the award - great stuff. I too can't wait to lay eyes on the beast at Carlisle.

Thom

ps - Mac did a great job minding the looney farm in your absence.
pps - My car is 40 years old tomorrow! (wish I could say the same...)

How hot was it on the trip down to Cruisefest?

IMG_2765-500.jpg

Three times, I had to wipe off the excess bedding compound that we used inside the reveal mouldings front and rear. Although I realize now that I used too much, JohnZ did say that the midyears "oozed" while parked out in the hot sun in the St. Louis yard after assembly.

One good thing though. Even in driving rainstorms at 80mph, no water entered the cockpit through the windshield area. It all came in through the open side windows........yes, open. It was 100 degrees in there. ;)

I still don't understand why every time I looked at you sweat was pouring off of your face. I was quite comfortable in Craig's car.

BTW Look at the feature car in the new Summit catalog (July, August) That makes 3 red '67 SS Chevelles. It's no longer an omen; it's now a mandate.

DRIVING ANALYSIS: Part 5

I almost forgot to provide more feedback on the VB&P Performance Plus suspension kit. Another WOW!.

Although it was a brutish ride on I-94 and I-75 on Michigan's choppy concrete roads, wherever the roads were reasonably smooth, this suspension really shines. For example, we followed Bossvette's C5 through the back roads of NW Ohio on the way to Tom Bryant's. There were plenty of sharp turns on narrow roads and Heaven handled them with ease. The front end felt really tight as a result of the VB&P Spreader Bar too.

All in all, top drawer stuff. I'm sure glad I didn't go with the stock suspension.

Where was this kit 25 years ago?

Bob
the really "good" road out by Toms I wasn't sure where it came into 34 so I didn't try to find it until the way home and a good thing too I would have made the wrong turn and got us lost ;LOL

The only roads that curve out here are the ones that run along the rivers, the rest are straight, but in much better repair then Michigans (except 75)

Bob, Congrats on a successful shake down cruise, the awards and the unveiling. Does it get any better than that?

Oh yeah, it does, now you're an administrator... whats the next step up "Grand Pooh Pah". ;LOL

Glad it all went well for you and I'm know you were in good company with Z28Canuck for backup.

studiog said:
Oh yeah, it does, now you're an administrator... whats the next step up "Grand Pooh Pah". ;LOL

Notice how quickly our "Grand Pooh Bah" got a photo of his previously-missing red ZR-1 in his avatar after Heaven won People's Choice at CruiseFest? :gap

Viet Nam Vett said:

Bob forgot his log chain and used the Tahoe to secure Heaven at night.
DSC02595cropped.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom