Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking about selling my Camaro SS for a C5

B

Bender

I really like Corvettes but the first one I got was a lemon everythinb broke on it and silly me I tried to repair it. It costed 1000's and I ended up selling it for 3k in the end. I lost about 20k on that car, it was bad. Nice looking 81 Corvette but crap. I had that car a year and now I am nearing a year on my Camaro SS.

Picture035.jpg

I love the car but the gas is really bad because its a 12 second car. Its only got 31k on it and its a 2000 SS. Everything is mint for the most part. Besides only getting about 14 city the Piston knock annoys the hell out of me when my car starts even though its completly annoying. Also the hooker headers and exaust system scaprs on every damn speed bump. My oil keeps going somewhere, its burning it more then likely which is normal for SS's. I dunno, I really miss my corvette. I figure I could sell my SS and my Eclipse and get a C5 right out of pocket but I dunno. I just miss it. Im really young and I cant afford to sell and buy cars like this.

I wish I would have never had a Corvette in the first place. Now I will always want one but can't really afford one.

I wish I would have never had a Corvette in the first place. Now I will always want one...
Yep, once ya get Corvette in da blood, not much else will do. Sold my 96 Z-28 for a 96 C4 LT4, then the LT4 for a 2000 Roadster.

Your Doomed, but hey that ain't all bad, you'll be back in a Corvette someday! :upthumbs

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Your SS is a sharp looking car! What a great color!

Don't worry. If you buy a C4 or a C5, you will have a very economical car as far as gas mileage. And you will still be able to go plenty fast!

SAVE THE :w

I don't think I could find a Corvette in as good as condition as my Camaro SS without spending a ton of money. I got my Camaro SS for 15.5k and it only has 28k miles on it with 7k in mods.. Headers, exaust, underdrive, lid, Cam, Springs etc.

I had the choice of getting a 99 Corvette with 18k miles on it for 22k but decided not to because it didn't have a HUD. Arg I dunno, I really wanted a HUD I thought it was kick ass.

With all due respect....Get a C5.....as your Camero (while it looks great)reminds me of a make pretend C4 Corvette...so you may as well go out and get the real thing!!!!!

Where would I find a vette for 19k that runs 12's and low mileage? By the way that Camaro can keep up or beat most C6's, I raced one eariler.

First Vette

00001581om.jpg

By the way Im only 21.

Where would I find a vette for 19k that runs 12's and low mileage? By the way that Camaro can keep up or beat most C6's, I raced one eariler.

1. My '98 Vette, which I just bought, wasn't much over 19K (cough 8 grand over cough), with 25,000 miles on it. I'm sure it can be done. I get better than 17 mpg which is 90% stop-n-go around-town driving.

2. It's usually not the car but the driver. :D

p.s. GO FOR THE VETTE

Life is short..............get the Vette if that is what you really want.

I say get the Corvette. There's an intangible. Since it's intangible, I can't explain it. If you ask why, you wouldn't understand. :L:L:L

Anyone with enough money can make one car go faster than another. That's not the point. The point is in the whole package. Nothing against the Camaro but the Corvette will definitely hold it's value much better and it'll attract more girls than a Camaro would. :L

And I don't know how many Camaro drivers wave at each other.

And as for a non-HUD car, there's a guy that sells a kit to convert 99+ cars that even has instruction on a DVD. It's not too expensive (about 400 for most, 750 if the car is a 97-99 that needs a HUD cluster) and takes an afternoon as I've heard from those who have done it. He sells them on ebay under that user id of Carolina Corvettes or something like that. Search for Corvette HUD and you'll find him.

Regardless, get the C5. You'll get performance, gas mileage, and tons of people here to walk you through anything you need to do.

SWEET. Get a Carfax report before doing anything.

While a lot of people here only use their Vettes as weekenders, mine is a daily driver. Plus I like to take it for long drives on weekends. I could see putting 80,000 miles on it in 6+ years, easy. They would be 80,000 FUN miles!

No one lives in FL? I would really like to ride around in one again. I can't keep buying a car every year. Im not rich...

No one lives in FL? I would really like to ride around in one again. I can't keep buying a car every year. Im not rich...
I'm sure we have some folks in Fla that would let you take one for a spin. Maybe try posting a thread just for that request; someone will chime in with an offer. If you were in my area, I'd let you.

Oh do vettes have the same problems with burning Syn Oil like Camaro's since they are the same engine.
Here's the TSB on oil consumption. Do a search on oil consumption and you'll find plenty of discussion. Mine doesn't consume a drop.

- Eric:w

Does a Z51 package drive nice? I hear its not daily driver friendly and is it removeable top?

Bender, we recently bought a 99 FRC with HUD and Z51 (but of course, no removable top) with 37k miles on it, for $19k. In Florida, even. They are out there- just get your friends to be on the lookout for you.

We will have about $2k more in it before we're done- fixing the brakes, replacing fluids, etc. But there are good deals out there, just be patient.

Tammy

I don't think Z51 was limited to FRC cars though, I think it was in coupes too. Mine isn't though so I'm not positive.

Z51's are awsome

I have a Z51 and it rides great. The suspention is stiff but after driving this for a while not only do you get used to it, but like me you will probly perfer it. Rounding corners, great take offs, I am not positive but I think they may have a different gear ratio as well. Mine is a convertible but they definitely have removable hard top (coupe) Z51's out there. For 80k with the performance mods I would see if a much better price was available (I am thinking 17500) or keep looking. Also before purchasing anything with performance mods, take the vehicle to an authorized service center and have them check it out, ask if the performance mods have been professionaly installed or if they could/have caused any damages.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom