Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking about selling my Camaro SS for a C5

Went to the dealership and they didn't have any Corvettes at all for some reason.

Heck Yeah

Look around, you'll find them. Keep your eyes on E-Bay, Auto Trader, and local papers. People out there need money with increases in energy prices, a failing property market, and stocks in such fluxuation. I will help watch out for something and post them as I see them.

Saw it. Does not have removeable top and thats what I miss about my Corvette. My Camaro SS does not have one because I did not want leaking or warping.

I have been thinking and I don't think a vette could take the abuse I put my car through. Im still in school and sometimes my car goes through mad abuse. I garage my car and everything but tonite I had to go down a 5 mile flooded dirt road and almost got stuck. My SS is coverd in dirt. I think what I should do is start saving and have both the SS and Corvette. That will take forever but so will finding the perfect C5

I am looking for a Red, Silver, Black, Blue, Removeable top. Loaded cheap and located in FL if possible and must be mint with no more then 50k miles on it. So it might be a while. Hopefuly it will be like my SS and catch my eye.

Its hard to let the SS go since there is nothing wrong with the car and I have only had it a year. I think I might park it and cover it up for a while.

I have only had Camaros and Corvettes my whole life.
In college I had a 69 Camaro. In 1977, I traded for a 77 Corvette, which I drove for 10 years. I decided that Corvettes were getting too expensive, so I went back to Camaros, and I bought an 87 IROC Camaro, one of the few with the 5.7 L, tuned port engines. Bought a 1996 SS Camaro with/6 speed, the first year they came out, and was going to trade the 87 IROC in, but never did. So I had two Camaros. Drove the Camaros until 2003, when I ordered a 2004 Z06, the last of the C5's. Decided to sell both Camaros, so now the Z06 is my only car. Sometimes I wish I had them all back. Oh well, it could be worse.

2004Z06.jpg

If you buy a pre-owned car remember to have it professionally checked out. Also get the Carfax report. Ask the tech to look for signs of flood damage - especially in FL and points south as many been damaged in hurricance flooding. Don't cut corners on price - find the nicest car you can afford, pay the owner what it is worth, and take your Vette home knowing you got a good one. Once you get it home, drive it and enjoy it, but treat it like the prize it is and you'll get good money for it when you sell.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom