Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking of buying a C5

minifridge1138

Corvette
1982 Black Fastback
Hello everyone,

I currently own a C3 and love it. But I've been thinking of getting something newer for a daily driver.

What particular year(s) would you recommend?

Also, is there a particular dealer you would recommend?

Thanks,
-David

Hello everyone,

I currently own a C3 and love it. But I've been thinking of getting something newer for a daily driver.

Thanks,
-David
I'm kinda partial to 2001-2003!!:D:D:D

attachment.php

Hello everyone,

Thanks,
-David
There is a one of a kind very special 03 /6sp/ quicksilver vert priced reasonable@ GM Junkies call him he's a member and everybody loves Junkie 1 828 668 4738 or look uner members and send him a PM good luck

Or Quicksilver;LOL
Remo:cool

BGA-MYvsQSClosing.jpg

A 2003 Anniversary Edition will absolutely spoil you! :upthumbs

52003a.jpg

David,

As others have already said, I'd shop for the newest Corvette with the lowest mileage that I could afford. Every year of the C5 generation brought new technology and new options. The C5's are great cars...as we say, they're virtually bulletproof!

Another suggestion is to determine if you want a convertible, a coupe or a ZO6...and whether you want automatic or 6-speed. That will make your search so much easier.

As far as recommended dealers goes...I'd certainly suggest that you contact Corvette Mike New England (www.corvettemikenewengland.com). :D We carry pristine Corvettes with low miles, and we ship all over the country, as well as Canada and Europe. You might want to check our inventory at our own CAC Showroom -- http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/shop/showroom/

I welcome your calls at any time...I'd love to help you!

Elaine
Cell: 617-872-8252

Hey everyone,

I really appreciate all of the advice. All i really know is that I want a fixed roof coupe. They are lighter and not going to leak on rainy days.

On nice warm days I will still have my C3 if I want to drive without the top.

This will be my daily driver so I'm not looking for anything rare.

Automatic or Manual makes no difference to me.

And I'm not afraid of a car with some mileage on it as long as it was taken care of.

Are there any years/options i should avoid? I already have a semi-project car and don't want to get something with a 1 year only option that will cost twice as much to repair/replace as other years.

Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone,

I really appreciate all of the advice. All i really know is that I want a fixed roof coupe. They are lighter and not going to leak on rainy days.

Automatic or Manual makes no difference to me.

And I'm not afraid of a car with some mileage on it as long as it was taken care of.

Are there any years/options i should avoid?
Well that narrows it down a bit!! You want a 99 or 2000 FRC or a 2001-2004 Z06,and if you want a Fixed Roof Coupe your going to get a 6sp!! Thats the only way a FRC or Z06 was produced!!:upthumbs

Img198.jpg

Img201.jpg

Img204.jpg

Img202.jpg

What's that black one you posted pics of?

I didn't realize the FRC was 99-00 and Z06 only. Honestly, i don't know that much about Corvettes made after 1982 (at least very little about what options were available).

6-speed doesn't bother me at all. I think shifting gears is 1/2 the fun!

I didn't realize the FRC was 99-00 and Z06 only. Honestly, i don't know that much about Corvettes made after 1982 (at least very little about what options were available).

6-speed doesn't bother me at all. I think shifting gears is 1/2 the fun!

Real men shift ,And your right it's 1/2 the fun (maybe more):w

That is a 2001 Z06 with 34,793 miles (+/-) that I bought and repaired for myself from GMAC with a little damage!! But I got a Big Bad Tickit in it and Fine and had to go to Driving School!!:chuckle :chuckle:chuckle
So moma isn't Happy and made me put it in storage and wants me to sell it!! :D:D:D

You will like the FRC. I bought my 99 about two months ago for the same reasons. Also, you don't see that many of them around.

Chris

I recently got into a 2004 Z06 that I purchased from Carmax of all places. I got a great deal on a perfect carwith under 9K miles on the clock. I also got a killer warranty which will take the car to 98000 miles bumper to bumper.

I am absolutely in love with this car. It soothes my every angst and ache when I slide in behind the wheel of the Black Beauty.

I STRONGLY suggest a low mile Z06 in the latest model year you can afford. I am no sage on Corvettes, but my 2004 has treated me like a gentleman from the first time I turned the key.

Best of luck, see you on the road.

HEY!
I know that Z06!!!!
(and I recognize that shift knob too) HAHA!
Sweet Z06 there - Junk did a wonderful job with her.
Rain

Well that narrows it down a bit!! You want a 99 or 2000 FRC or a 2001-2004 Z06,and if you want a Fixed Roof Coupe your going to get a 6sp!! Thats the only way a FRC or Z06 was produced!!:upthumbs

Img198.jpg

Img201.jpg

Img204.jpg

Img202.jpg

HEY!
I know that Z06!!!!
(and I recognize that shift knob too) HAHA!
Sweet Z06 there - Junk did a wonderful job with her.
Rain

Junk does a wonderful job with all his cars. I bought my 96 Coupe "Thelma" from Junk a little over a year ago. Enjoying the car every chance I get, it sure is nice to get in the car turn the key and have instant fun:v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom