Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking of selling my 72LT1

judy72lt1

Corvette
1972LT1 & 1996 LT4
I have a numbers matching 72 LT1 coupe (no rust Nevada car ) which I've owned for 28 years. It has 103,000 miles and was rebuilt at 52,000 (solid lifters removed and cam beefed up at that time). It is a 4-speed with black leather interior and power windows. This is not an "air" car. The stock paint which was Steel Cities has been repainted teal green pearl metallic and still looks new. I added 69 corvette side exhausts and have the original stock exhausts, shielding, owners manual (tattered), order sheets and radio in the garage. It has a new gas tank and heater core. The car runs strong and shifts great. I just bought a 1996 Lt4 with only 10,500 miles so am considering selling the Lt1, but am not sure what it is worth now. I'll try some of these websites for pricing; but meanwhile, any ideas from any fellow LT1 owners?

Here's a coupe for 26.9. http://usedcorvettesforsale.com/1972-corvette-14839.html

Non-restored, mods, but sounds like a nice driver. From what I've seen the highest values are for fully restored cars. I think yours would depend on condition and what it takes to restore to original condition/#'s correct. Pictures would help to judge.

Do a search and check some other ad's for similar cars and see what others are asking. Runs an ad for the max price you want and see anyone bites.

I had a '72 LT1 conv years ago...loved the car. Good luck.

Bob,
Thanks for your response. I see you're in Arizona; my first Vette a 61 fawn beige inside and out with optional clip on wing windows lives down there somewhere. Have you maybe seen it at any gatherings?
Judy

No I haven't seen your 61 around, Judy. There was one at Cn'v Corvette Sales in Tempe about a year ago. I really like that color combination and you don't see many.

Another thought on you LT1, although its not completely original or restored they are special so don't let it go too cheap!

Bob,
I was checking websites and found Nada guides. It gave pricing for low, average and high retail; base pricing, 4-spd and LT1 option in each category. I think mine is average which they say is $25,875. A fully restored or excellent original condition is $40,075.
Your 50th is one of my very favorite Corvette colors!
Thanks again for your help,
Judy

From what I have seen recently here in Florida the bottom is dropping out of the used Corvette market.One reason is that they needed an adjustment, and the other is the real estate market adjustment.When the real estate market adjust's so does everything else.TLS

Bob,
I was checking websites and found Nada guides. It gave pricing for low, average and high retail; base pricing, 4-spd and LT1 option in each category. I think mine is average which they say is $25,875. A fully restored or excellent original condition is $40,075.
Your 50th is one of my very favorite Corvette colors!
Thanks again for your help,
Judy
Mine is also numbers matching, and it had a full frame-off restoration done on it several years ago. I had it appraised this past spring and the car was rated as a category 1 with a value of $36,500. The appraisal was done by a guy that restores older corvettes. Here's a pic - I'm sure it would be worth much more if it was a vert. Oh yeah, mine's a '71. I don't know how much of a difference that makes. -John

101_0109.jpg

From what I have seen recently here in Florida the bottom is dropping out of the used Corvette market.One reason is that they needed an adjustment, and the other is the real estate market adjustment.When the real estate market adjust's so does everything else.TLS

Yes, the bottom has dropped out bad here in Reno; nothing is selling in housing both new and used. My brother had one of the top five companies in Reno and sold out to Coldwell Banker two years ago as he predicted this drop. He's very happily retired now!
Thanks for your response and stay dry,
Judy

Mine is also numbers matching, and it had a full frame-off restoration done on it several years ago. I had it appraised this past spring and the car was rated as a category 1 with a value of $36,500. The appraisal was done by a guy that restores older corvettes. Here's a pic - I'm sure it would be worth much more if it was a vert. Oh yeah, mine's a '71. I don't know how much of a difference that makes. -John

101_0109.jpg

John,
Your car is so beautiful, makes me wish I'd kept mine stock although it gets lots of attention as is.
It seems as though I'll have to wait until the economy improves a bit before selling and I heard today gas prices are supposed to drop radically after Labor Day.
One of these days I'll wash the cars, take some pictures and figure out how to post them to this website.
Thanks for your reply,
Judy

Thanks for the kind words, Judy. Good luck in whatever you decided to do with your LT-1. -John

judy
Most of the so called expert's are saying that thing's will turn around in about 18 mos.The thing is all the toy's, Harley's , Vettes, boats and so on will take a hit because a lot of them are on home equity line's and second mortgages.The interest rates are going up and the property values are going down. It will shake out after awhile. I sold my 69 just in time. TLS

judy
Most of the so called expert's are saying that thing's will turn around in about 18 mos.The thing is all the toy's, Harley's , Vettes, boats and so on will take a hit because a lot of them are on home equity line's and second mortgages.The interest rates are going up and the property values are going down. It will shake out after awhile. I sold my 69 just in time. TLS

I sold the last rental a year ago April so all four of my cars are paid for, thank goodness! The LT1 is on American Collectors insurance so it doesn't cost me anything just sitting there so I'll wait it out. 18 months is a good time frame for me. I'm hoping your hurricanes will drive my daughter and her husband out of St. Augustine (they took my favorite grandchild when they moved there in March!) I would like them back out West and they would consider Colorado Springs. I may then decide to retire as home prices are still pretty good there and I would have money left over for a C-6! A two bedroom with a six car garage would work for me!!!

Judy
The St. Augustine area is a pretty safe area as far as hurricanes go. The way the area is set in they don't have much of a problem up there.I really like your idea on the six car garage, if I ever build another house it will have at least 4. TLS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom