Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary THINKING OF SELLING ???

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic
K

kenmack

I just looked at production no's,and realized that the 1 year 93 Z25 optioned Ruby almost outsold 6 years of ZR-1 production total.

6,749 Rubies 1year 6,939 ZR-1's.6 years

Rubies totalled 31% of 93 production

The 88 35th anniversary option totalled only 9% by comparison.

The much desired 96 Collector's Edition totalled 25% of production.

I don't think any Corvette "special" option was as popular as the 93 Ruby.
Does anyone have information to change this assumption ?????
What I am saying to POTENTIAL SELLERS is don't undersell your car,it is possibly the most desirable C-4 Corvette in terms of people who love the look.
You probably have a bigger market for your 93 Ruby than any other C-4 produced.More buyers more demand higher value.:w
YOUR thoughts ????:beer

My thought would be if there are that many of them, then they are not that hard to find, and therefore not worth all that much more, in terms of resale value. Perhaps a little more or less than the option package cost when they were new.

I hope I'm wrong.

But I think I did pretty well when I purchased mine. As long as I can keep in the shape it is in, or better, I doubt I will lose money when I sell it, unless I start driving the pistola out of it. Or there is no more gasoline in the world...

It is the most beautiful color ever sprayed on a Corvette though, IMO.

My thought would be if there are that many of them, then they are not that hard to find, and therefore not worth all that much more, in terms of resale value. Perhaps a little more or less than the option package cost when they were new.

I hope I'm wrong...

I guess we'll know in 10 years when the hit 25 years old. FWIW... the Pace Car and Silver Anniversary are fairly sought after even after all these years.

Then again, the controversy over legitimate Pace Cars and spray-booth SA's might have fueled the speculation market. Documentation wasn't so good about either car when it came to production. GM did some goofy things like put a trim tag on a car and then give it a different colored interior than it coded for (I know- I had one of those!) back in the late seventies.

The 35th Anny cars have far better documentation than previous special edition cars. We'll see how history treats them!

Popularity vs Rarity

Keep in mind there were 243,000 69 Camaros built,and it sure hasn't driven the price down for a "good" one.:upthumbs
That's 37!!!!!! 69 Camaros available for every 1 Ruby built.:thumb

I maintain rarity is helpful, but popularity is far more a determining factor.

Well since I own a ruby I like the way you are thinking but rare does not always mean desirable.

I am also into Buick Grand Nationals and the most sought after one is the GNX and yes those fetch big, big bucks ($45-100K) however buick only made 215 Grand Nationals in 82 (yes 82) and they were not black and only a handfull had 3.8 turbo motors. You would think those cars would be worth big bucks right? Well a n1ce example may bring $10K or a little more BUT a low milage 87 GN (not a GNX a regular GN) sold at BJ this fall for over $40k. In 87 they made over 20K GN's (that is on top of the other turbo regal models) so why is the 87 worth more than the 82? Dont know outside the fact that the 82 was a dog and the 87 is a beast and would would hand a Vette it's lunch! (my 87 GN is quicker than my 93 ruby hands down!) Also not too many people even know buick made a GN in 82 so most of the buyers have to get educated on the 82. Everyone knows an 87. I also had an 84 GN and those had factory leather seats and only 2000 made but since it was a "slow hot air car" it did not hold the same value as the 87 intercooled car.

Rare + Desirable = good values so I hope our ruby's fit that catagory.

Hey guys to go along with this subject I am thinking of selling my 1993 Ruby Red and was wondering how much to see it for. It has 159xxx miles, flawless paint, all the options available on the 93 as well as a Flowmaster Dual Catback Exhaust setup.
It does have a couple issues though it needs new weatherstripping all around, the seat side bolsters and lumbar support do not work on passenger or drivers seat, there is a hole in the drivers seat bolster and as i mentioned it has nearly 160000 miles.

I was thinking of selling it for 7000. Do you guys think it is too much or too little?

I wonder would she be worth more with the stock exhaust fitted still ? Aftermarket exhausts are a matter of taste I would guess, more than anything else. Your price seems fair (considering the mileage) to low for a ruby, no ? Most are still priced 10G and above.. some well above even! It sounds like a bargain to me, if she runs well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom