Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: Third 2014 Corvette Trailer Looks At The Interior

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
[SIZE=-1]This latest video gives us a brief glimpse at the interior, revealing that Chevrolet's designers will finally address one of the biggest criticisms of previou[SIZE=-1]s Corvettes[/SIZE][/SIZE]:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aR5a_N0LQu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well not much of a look but the hype sounds good.

I guess we will all see how they did with it once it is finally here.

The "across the pond" critics are the ones who always rip on the "cheap interior" of the vette.

So we will see how the C7 does with this tough crowd this time around.

• Admin

The "across the pond" critics are the ones who always rip on the "cheap interior" of the vette.

Actually, it's the journalists of American car rags as well that rip on the interior.

I have to be honest: I sat in a 2013 427 Grand Sport at the local Chevrolet dealer a couple weeks ago. I was impressed with the interior. I thought fit, finish and tactile feel were awesome as were the seats. I honestly don't understand why the C6's interior got such a bad rap. Did all the critics forget about the C5 interior which I thought was much more...sub par?

Yeah, I really believe this, What you should see is a bunch of Chinese workers sewing the interior!

Another promotional video by GM with little content and lots of hype. Just show us the car and quick with the jerking!

By the way, like the interiors will really be made in the US, not happening!

C7 interior

The C6 interior I am sure kept the price of the car down somewhat.

A better cabin with upgraded material and design will certainly be reflected in the price.

I found nothing that offensive about the C6 interior especially if done in the optional two colors. The base black was a wash out and for the most part looked cheap.

It's all a matter of personal taste The rest of the C6 is hard to fault and can be equipped almost for any challanges you want to use for. I won't have any problems keeping mine and enjoying it.

I'll absorbe and analize the 7 for a few years when all the bugs are out and most models are available. Then it might be a game changer.

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't cause a major boost in base price.

Too bad there isn't the choice of a base cloth interior for people not bothered by such things and who are looking for what a Corvette is built for, performance - and an optional high end leather interior for the folks who like to bench race with the other high end high priced sports cars.

Thinking about all the Z-06s I drove, both C5s and C6s and a ZR-1, (even a c4 zr-1 way back) the interiors never bothered me, the money was invested elsewhere.

I hope it doesn't cause a major boost in base price.

Too bad there isn't the choice of a base cloth interior for people not bothered by such things and who are looking for what a Corvette is built for, performance - and an optional high end leather interior for the folks who like to bench race with the other high end high priced sports cars.

Thinking about all the Z-06s I drove, both C5s and C6s and a ZR-1, (even a c4 zr-1 way back) the interiors never bothered me, the money was invested elsewhere.

Good point and I totally agree. A base or upgrade should be a choice on the option list along with optional racing seats for those who want to track.

The video does not show much, as usual. My 3LZ interior in my Z06/Z07 is fine by me...I thnk the leather is great all over and the fit and finish is of high quality. :thumb

• Admin
I have the Heritage Ebony over Titanium in my GS and I think it looks great. It's all business which is why I like it. The seats work for me also......

Well that was a waste of my time. Next time make it worth my while will you. There are bigger things in life than this car at the moment. Or are you guys ablivious to it all. Have a great Holiday Season and Merry Christmas to all. :D

Well that was a waste of my time. Next time make it worth my while will you. There are bigger things in life than this car at the moment. Or are you guys ablivious to it all. Have a great Holiday Season and Merry Christmas to all. :D

No not oblivious, just have to realize that you take the moments to escape the crap by trying to find enjoyment in life elsewhere. Almost everything is more important than a Corvette interior, but you find the joy in other things when you can. I do agree though, the video was a waste of time.

Advertising's Long History of Teasing

For those of you who are repeatedly being frustrated by GM's teases for the C7, there's a long history and pattern of advertising success involved. In 1954, Proctor and Gamble did it for weeks before unveiling Crest toothpaste. In 1956, Lever Brothers did it with Wisk detergent. And automotively (I am showing both my age and memory), Ford did it for a month, with daily full page ads that said "E Day is only XX number of days away!" For the first few weeks, you wouldn't even know what an "E" stood for because "car" or "automobile" wasn't mentioned. In September 1956, we found out that E was an Edsel, "a totally new kind of car". Even if it wasn't much more than Ford's patching parts together to make their own version of an Oldsmobile, it had a lot of attention being paid to it. Too bad it lasted only three years, instead of the Corvette's sixty-one. I can easily wait for less than a month to see what we'll wait another half year to experience the car in person.

Actually, it's the journalists of American car rags as well that rip on the interior.

I have to be honest: I sat in a 2013 427 Grand Sport at the local Chevrolet dealer a couple weeks ago. I was impressed with the interior. I thought fit, finish and tactile feel were awesome as were the seats. I honestly don't understand why the C6's interior got such a bad rap. Did all the critics forget about the C5 interior which I thought was much more...sub par?

:thumb

If you want to see an expensive machine with a sub-par interior, go spend $150,000,000 for a new Boeing 777, and then look at the cockpit. Especially, after a year of use.

You get exposed screw heads, plain old paint on some surfces, cheap plastic that makes a Corvette look luxurious, etc.
But just like a C6, you also have a very comfortable, efficient, and well organized "office".

My biggest worry about the C7 interior, is that it will replace "practical" with "glitzy".

Exactly

No not oblivious, just have to realize that you take the moments to escape the crap by trying to find enjoyment in life elsewhere. Almost everything is more important than a Corvette interior, but you find the joy in other things when you can. I do agree though, the video was a waste of time.

Yup, a teaser indeed! Got me again. I "bit" and thought there might be more content to the trailer videos as we approach the Jan 2013 formal unveiling. Alas, not so.

I wonder where price creep is going to push the base price? I've owned 4 vettes and enjoyed the heck out of them all. Still get a thrill when I wind up the C6 and the Billy Boat Bullets sound off! The C6 interior meets all my expectations. An incremental improvement in the C7 would be nice but not necessary from my POV. Had the car in for an oil change last week and the dealer had two 427s on the floor, each about $80k sticker price.

God has blessed me with two pleasures I don't need but value as gifts: the joy of occasionally taking the wife and the vette out for a cruise, and the joy of music on a great 2 channel stereo system, including vintage vinyl!.

Look to this day,
For it is life,
The very life of life.
In its brief course lie all the verities of reality and existence;
The bliss of growth,
The splendor of action,
The glory of power -

For yesterday is but a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today, well lived,
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness,
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day.

-Sanskrit Proverb

Remebering the reason for the season, I wish you a very merry Christmas and happy holiday season.
-Dave

I have never had a problem with the interior in any of my Vettes. To me it's all about performance, and quite frankly if they can cheapen the interior and give me 10 extra horsepower than give me a bushel basket to sit on. Screw those across the pond this is our car.

The Corvette has long been chasing Ferrari in performance and design. Now it seems like they will upgrade the interior to match making it an even better bang for your buck. Comparable performance and a better interior for half the price (or less) is a good thing.

With the cost of carbon fiber coming down and ways of mass producing it more available, I can see a lighter better performing Corvette in the near future.

Last edited:
I guess I missed the part about "looking" at the interior.......:)

C'mon GM, quit playing these childish games. Either show the damn thing, or let it go until Jan '13. ;)

I guess I missed the part about "looking" at the interior.......:)

C'mon GM, quit playing these childish games. Either show the damn thing, or let it go until Jan '13. ;)

Ditto ! :mad

These little clips are just a way to wet our tastebuds. Make us want more (which we all do after watching the blips they give us). It's media hype and I hope that the final product is worth the hype, if not, I believe that it will hurt the Corvettes ability to be a marketable product. An earlier post talked about how Ford did it with the Edsel....the car didn't live up to the hype and Ford has never lived it down. I hope (and pray) our beloved Corvette can live up to this hype.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom