Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

This is so cool!! I want one!

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
I like this thing so much I'll host it for a few days so everyone can view it running if they so desire. It's a large file, but I encourage you to take a few minutes to download it and watch the coolest miniature engine in the world, running on its stand.

weberprecision1015007.jpg
  • TYPE: Four-Stroke V-8
  • Number of cylinders: 8
  • Bore: 1.000 inch
  • Stroke: 0.900 inch
  • Displacement: 5.655 cubic inches
  • Compression Ratio: 9 to 1
  • Rotation: Clockwise
  • RPM MAX: 12,000
  • Horsepower: ?????????
  • Weight: 25 pounds
  • Firing Order: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
  • Supercharger: Rotary sliding vanes
  • Carburetion: Dual WALBRO carbs
  • Ignition: Dual electronic
  • Oil System: two stage dry sump
http://www.weberprecision.com/weberprecision1_015.htm

So cool ... so cool. :cool

I've got an mpeg of it. Let me know if you want to see and hear it run. ;)

Ain't it though!! That thing is so cool!! :cool

Yes this is indeed too cool. The sound is just great. I especially like the use of the drill for a starter. I don't know why he wants to modify it to run on corn squeezings. Leave the overlap in the cam fire it up on nitro and inhale. I would love to have one in my office. I could fire it up in the morning and every day it would smell like I was at a top fuel race. He must go into production and produce kits of this little gem.

if i put that in the mower i'd only have to cut the grass twice a year

how many ways can you say VERY, VERY, VERY cool.....WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! i need 3, please! this REALLY qualifies for sick puppy award!!!

grass mowing...

mike weyman said:
if i put that in the mower i'd only have to cut the grass twice a year

come on mike... thats cheating. where you live you only cut the grass twice a year anyway!!!!!

Put it in the kids go kart and watch the fun!!!!!!!

That is so cool, I would love to have it on my desk, I could really wake up the office.

Have you guys read through his web site? There's four or five pages detailing the engine and what it took to build it. :cool

Ken said:
Have you guys read through his web site? There's four or five pages detailing the engine and what it took to build it. :cool

Just simply amazing! I can't imagine how many hours he put into the design, machine work and testing. Sure sounds super, thanks for hosting the link. Love to see work like that.

It reminds me of the scale Ferrari car and engine a guy in Italy built a few years ago with a running V-12 engine and even the gauges worked. I found the link I had to that one but it no longer works.

Amazing dedication and talent.

Rich Lagasse

Hey Ken..

how's it been going? are you thinking of making the engine and selling it? maybe?

Perfect for a little go cart! It's like a mini me.

Vette Dawg said:
That is VERY cool! I could rig it so it could turn my bike into a motorcycle! LOL Talk about the ultimate custom job!

GP TO THE DANBURY MINT SITE , THEY HAVE A MINI REPLICA OF A BIKE THAT LOOKS LIKE YOURS...RICK

That's quite an engineering feat, when you think about it. Sure, there are lots of engines to look at and reverse-engineer, but this guy did it all himself ... design, engineering, machining and building.

Bet he has a CNC, too .....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom