Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thread sealer

B

billv

What is the best thread sealer to use on oil pressure sending units? I used Locktite hight temp, and think it's still leaking at the block. Maybe I didn't let it cure long enough. If there is anything better, I'll try it next. I'm just hoping it isn't the intake leaking!

I would try using teflon tape or pipe thread tape. You should be able to pick some up at your local hardware/plumbing supply store. Wrap the tape in the opposite direction that your threads are. The sending unit will turn in clockwise, so wrap the tape counterclockwise. That way the tape will stay on. The tape will fill in between the threads and seal them tight. I have used the stuff before for similar things and it has performed well for me. The tape is not sticky, it clings to itself. 2 times around the threads should be plenty. Good Luck!!

Yep, teflon tape works well on these.

I had thought about that, but didn't know if it would hold up to the high temp and pressure

I had thought about that, but didn't know if it would hold up to the high temp and pressure

Victory Red C6 is correct. Teflon tape works well. I also use it on the coolant drain and water pump pipe plugs. Your sending unit will seal just fine with it. 2 wraps is just right.

Rick

:gap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom