Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Three problems

O

obiwan-12

I have three problems with my 73 vette: 1st I replaced all the vacuum relays and actuatures for the headlights and they go up and down fine but when I turn off the engine the passenger side comes back up about 2 inches. I have no idea what to do,

2nd I replaced the horns and the horn relay and rebuilt the horn button. When this was completed they worked but now it doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

3rd There is a tank under the brake booster and washer tank with vacuum lines coming off of it but they have been cut and I have no idea what this is or where it hooks up to. I have a 350cc engine.

1) Headlights.......sounds like your check valve is bad....I think...
2) Horns...check ground
3) Canister...is the charcoal canister (evap canister) for the emissions....73 was the first year for the EPA crap to start bogging our motors down...

4) WELCOME to the CAC!!!!!

1) Headlights.......sounds like your check valve is bad....I think...
2) Horns...check ground
3) Canister...is the charcoal canister (evap canister) for the emissions....73 was the first year for the EPA crap to start bogging our motors down...

4) WELCOME to the CAC!!!!!
Do I need this canister hooked up?
I will check the ground and the check valve.
Thanks

Do I need this canister hooked up?
I will check the ground and the check valve.
Thanks
Check the fuse on the horn also. If it is blown, find out why.

Craig

Passenger side light pops up..... Check valve (Corvette Central Catalog or on line) part number 443037 14.95. The check valve is right behing the carburator. Three hoses going into it.

also check the ground strap that jumps across the flex rag joint at the steering box . if it is broken or missing the horn will not work Steve

You do not need the canister hooked up UNLESS your state has emissions that require all working smog equipment to be operational.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom