Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

throttle position sensor

H

hoosierguy60

i've been having trouble with the vette for a while now and been doing a few things to help , but still have a small problem ....vigman told me to check the iac that was very dirty cleaned it out real well and put the tps back on and checked the voltage /set the voltage to.54 volts ..when i started the car then shut it off like he said to learn the ecm started back up and ran down the road i got a service engine code 21 ..checked the tps and it read .58 volts then ...reset to .54 tried again and go a code 22 low voltage ..got discouraged went to bed checked next day and it read .32 ....go figure this one ..replaced the tps and it did it again ...is the ecm going out or is there something else going on here ...how many times does it take to learn the ecm...all help is appreciated ....mike

This is weird

Once set.. the TPS should be stable. UNLESS you have PLAY in the throttle shafts... or bad ( stripped screws )

Describe again how you set the TPS.....

The IAC has really nothing to do ( electrically ) with the connection of the TPS.. the Idle should learn ( roughly ) In 5 min.. the 2nd learn is when you have the car over 40 MPH
( the IAC's shut ) and then you go to idle....

That's when it truly set's the final value.

Vig!

AND

The TPS is a constant voltage... not a LEARNED THING

The Diff between .54 & .58 is NOTHING

You MIGHT have a slimy or loose connector.

Just a thought.

Vig!

Hey Vig My brother is about to change his TPS . Is this a bolt on or does he need to set it . Just wondering and maybe worrying a little . Cliff

Yes it can be a pain!

Ok the
Bottom pin A
&
the middle pin B

Engine off/ Key on
Should read .54 volts DC -/+.075vdc
loosen the TORX screws to make the adjustment open & close the throttle a few times when you think you have it set

You can BUY an adaptor
You can MAKE an adaptor
You can do the 3M splice thing

BUT do it

Dis connect the meter BEFORE starting the car.

Vig!

Thanks Vig Midamerica never sent the part and he solved his problem elsewhere so were not going to have to mess with it . Whew !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom