Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Tie rod ends

bob02Z06

Corvette
2002 Millennium Yellow Z06
Hey, I recently bought a 2002 Corvette Z06. My brakes were squealing so I replaced the rotors and pads, and I noticed that my tie rod end on my passenger side looked pretty poor, the rubber was ripped. So I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? What tie rods would you recommend?
Would it be best to get something from Jegs or get something from Baer? Thank-you for reading. I am wondering if this issue comes from autocross.

Bob, first off Welcome to CAC and congrats on acquiring the Z06, they are an awesome car. :w As far as tie rod ends, I would suggest buying a high quality part. I know Moog used to be one of the better parts. I don't know for sure anymore. I would think parts from Baer would be quality too, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me (that wouldn't be too far a stretch :D ) will check in here and give you a more informed answer.

Bob, first off Welcome to CAC and congrats on acquiring the Z06, they are an awesome car. :w As far as tie rod ends, I would suggest buying a high quality part. I know Moog used to be one of the better parts. I don't know for sure anymore. I would think parts from Baer would be quality too, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me (that wouldn't be too far a stretch :D ) will check in here and give you a more informed answer.

Hey Tom, thank-you, I love my vette. :) Thanks for the reccommendation, I will look into the moog tie ends. Yes I agree high quality parts are the way to go, again thanks!

Stock or moog, stay away from Baer, I got their bump steer kit & the rod end included was junk, the rest of the kit was good.

Stock or moog, stay away from Baer, I got their bump steer kit & the rod end included was junk, the rest of the kit was good.

Hey Froggy, Thank-you for sharing, I am just ordered the Moog tie rod ends. Thank-you for letting me know your experience with them!

Hey Froggy, Thank-you for sharing, I am just ordered the Moog tie rod ends. Thank-you for letting me know your experience with them!

No problem

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom