Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time to address the transmission...

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
After 80k+ miles... a 3.73 rear end... a higher HP motor... and 30+ years... the transmission needs my attention. :ugh

I've looked around for a decent local shop with little success. I haven't found anyone I really trust. So, I am going with an aftermarket rebuild from Monster Performance with a 2k RPM stall.

I hope to have it in the car by mid-December.

I'll keep y'all posted... :thumb

Schaweet!

You are going for under 5's arent you? :D

Looking forward to seeing it run..

:w
Stefan

After 80k+ miles... a 3.73 rear end... a higher HP motor... and 30+ years... the transmission needs my attention. :ugh

I've looked around for a decent local shop with little success. I haven't found anyone I really trust. So, I am going with an aftermarket rebuild from Monster Performance with a 2k RPM stall.

I hope to have it in the car by mid-December.

I'll keep y'all posted... :thumb

I had the same problem here in Vancouver WA/ Portland Or area. I wanted to have a 2004R rebuilt to handle at least 400hp. I called about 8 independent tranny shops and was getting answers like "Oh yah we've done few of those" or "Bring it by and we'll take a look". I was not very confident in any of the local shops. I did find a guy in the Seattle area that was a former GM tranny tech working out of his shop at home. A chat on the phone with this mechanic and I felt this guy new his stuff. End result was $1300 dollars with 2 year warranty and unlimited mileage. I did the r and r myself. I have tried to beat the crap out of this tranny and still working flawless after 2 years. Good luck with the Monster tranny and will be watching the boards for a positive result.

Sounds great to me! Did you always run the 2K converter or are you changing into it right now? I think with the lockup the 700R4 has it will be a great combo, High stall but still low in mileage because of the lockup in 4th gear!?

On the one hand weird to hear it's becomming difficult to find somebody good to repair these transmissions. But time is slipping away and technology goes on in a sense. I hope to hear the result with what they've done because mine is also on the to do list. :)

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom