Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time to upgrade that old C5

Todd,

I need some help..(pretty fast) if you could..

On a 2003 ls6 Z06..

Does the hose from the manifold to the side nipple on the catch can... and then out the top of the catch can to the pcv valve and then to the Throttle body?

TIA!

Todd,

I need some help..(pretty fast) if you could..

On a 2003 ls6 Z06..

Does the hose from the manifold to the side nipple on the catch can... and then out the top of the catch can to the pcv valve and then to the Throttle body?

TIA!
PCV valve stays connected to manifold. Remove hose to the back of PCV valve and place it on the catch can inlet. Outlet of can connects to the PCV valve. (The catch can sits inline before the PCV valve.) Hopefully you can see it. Valley tube to PCV goes on the can inlet. Can outlet to PCV.

Todd,

Thanks so much for the very cool photo. That really helps.

I owe you a round.

JB

Thanks JB,
I was happy that I still had this pic. of my can install. I emptied the can every 600 miles, or approx. at 1/4 full. Every two oil changes, I would also do a Sea Foam treatment just to keep the intake manifold, head intake/exhaust ports and combustion chambers clean. The can seemed to catch over 95% of the oil headed for the intake through the PCV valve. At idle, you can actually see oil and moisture travel up from the valley tube and get deposited into the can. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom