Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Timeslip of a 13.384 run on stock TPI!

Mad-Mic

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Redskin Red Coupe
here is the timeslip for any non believers that a stock TPI setup can pull low 13's. i am hoping to dip into the 12's before winter shuts me down as i am going to do some mods and hopefully hit low to mid 12's on a 2.59 rear gear!

428980_36.jpg

i actually overwound 2nd gear into 3rd at 5300 rpm! would of been closer to a 13.30 run :( with alittle cooler temps and lower humidity i think 13.0's are possible. when i add my AFPR maybe 12.9's? :D we'll see!

all Current Mods in sig below!

friday night at Capitol Raceway she ran a consistent 13.5's

13.552 @ 102.43 1.915 60'
13.583 @ 102.49 1.922 60'
13.589 @ 102.34 1.910 60'
13.634 @ 101.92 1.906 60'

hot water temps was the culprit. i was hoping atleast a 13.40 run :(

Mic,

You should definitely do some porting work and change out that intake manifold.

I think that I'm going to do something this winter but it depends on the budget and if I want to buy another guitar or Corvette parts.

I would like to port the plenum, which I could probably do myself. I would send the heads out to get done. As for the intake manifold, I would probably go after market or get the stock manifold ported. If I don't buy another guitar, perhaps an engine rebuild could be possible.

I'm going to pick up that TPIS book and read through it. I already have the Lingenfelter book, which is excellent BTW.

Edmond said:
Mic,

You should definitely do some porting work and change out that intake manifold.

I think that I'm going to do something this winter but it depends on the budget and if I want to buy another guitar or Corvette parts.

I would like to port the plenum, which I could probably do myself. I would send the heads out to get done. As for the intake manifold, I would probably go after market or get the stock manifold ported. If I don't buy another guitar, perhaps an engine rebuild could be possible.

I'm going to pick up that TPIS book and read through it. I already have the Lingenfelter book, which is excellent BTW.

yes i know about guitars ;) they can get quite expensive! i am sorta on a mission to try to dip into the 12's on a stock TPI intake, tranny, and 2.59 gear. if i can i can if i can't oh well. winter will shut me down and if i make it it'll be great! if not the mods are going in anyway. i lost the deal on the edlebrock base, slp runners, and plenum deal. waited too long :( oh well they come and go but i have a LT1 intake less fuel rails and tb for free so i am thinking on going that route with a zz409 cam. money is seriously tight right now until i find something in the computer technology field. i just can't justify spending money on my vette out of my savings until i can effectively put it back in the accounts. so until then this is a low budget buildup :D

mid 12's on less than 1000 dollars N/A? i think it's possible :D

You got a good thing going there:_rock Your no budget plan with the intake and the zz409 sounds like a sure winner. How many miles you got on that car:BOW

Mad-Mic said:
i lost the deal on the edlebrock base, slp runners, and plenum deal. waited too long :( oh well they come and go but i have a LT1 intake less fuel rails and tb for free so i am thinking on going that route with a zz409 cam.

mid 12's on less than 1000 dollars N/A? i think it's possible :D

I think that you could just port your existing plenum and that would suffice. Check eBay for deals on those runners and base. I'm sure there are some great deals to be had on eBay.

I think mid 12's is very possible for $1,000. It's only mid October so you've got plenty of time left!

Timeslip of 13.38

WOW I cant wait to see what my 91 will do with LT4 Hot kit and high flow upper goodies. Right now has 2.59 but plan to buy 3.54 also has B&M 2400 stall pulls hard to shift point of 6 grand not bad for a TPI engine.

Re: Timeslip of 13.38

Ethan said:
WOW I cant wait to see what my 91 will do with LT4 Hot kit and high flow upper goodies. Right now has 2.59 but plan to buy 3.54 also has B&M 2400 stall pulls hard to shift point of 6 grand not bad for a TPI engine.

sounds like a good setup Ethan! i think you'll be dipping into the 12's with some seat time :upthumbs :D

I'm impressed. Also by that 1.82 60' in your sig. That's pretty damn good for street radials and a 2.59 gear.

Thanks Nick,

i ran at another track friday night and got the new ET and 60' best. all mods in my sig are on my car. if i ran at cecil, which btw is a better track, it would most likely been a 13.0-12.9 pass. some reason Cecil is 2+ tenths faster. i think they prep more out than 60'. Capitol don't usually prep at all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom