Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Chains for a C6

Victory Red C6

Corvette
2007 Victory Red Coupe
Does anyone know if there are tires chains that are available for a C6? Also will tire chains work or fit on a C6?

Thanks

Does anyone know if there are tires chains that are available for a C6? Also will tire chains work or fit on a C6?

Thanks

Short answer to your question: I don't know if there are tire chains for a C6. But it raises a question: even if there are such chains, would you really want to use them to drive a C6 in snow conditions where chains are required?
:ugh

I haven't bothered looking, because I won't drive my C6 on wintry days. All that rear wheel torque, and no weight at the rear wheels... not a good combination.

:w
-Patrick

My C5 owners manual specifically states that they should not be used.

Having said that, I am sure that you can get a set that will fit. But I would agree with Patrick- not a good plan. If a person carried them in case they got caught out in the snow, that would be one thing. But to mount them up so that you could drive in the snow seems like a very risky idea. I have driven my Z06 in the snow, but it is the WORST snow car I have ever driven.

You can't put chains on a C6.

If you need to drive the car in snow-and-ice, install four snow tires.

Store that vette' and buy a ten year old civic or a little pickup truck. Something you can use. Come on!!!

Is the vette your only car? That is crazy especially if you live in MN.

The front air dam of a C6 is only 3 inches from the ground.
You aren't going anywhere in the snow anyway.

Never said that I was going to put chains on my C6 or drive it in the snow. My C6 has actually been in storage since Saturday, Nov 24, and will be there unitl the snow has all melted, the sand and salt has been washed off the streets, and hiways. JUst curious to the response that I would get and trying to out do some of the other stupid questions that I have seen here. Oh, but I have been told that there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Never said that I was going to put chains on my C6 or drive it in the snow. My C6 has actually been in storage since Saturday, Nov 24, and will be there unitl the snow has all melted, the sand and salt has been washed off the streets, and hiways. JUst curious to the response that I would get and trying to out do some of the other stupid questions that I have seen here. Oh, but I have been told that there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I bet you we're surprised how polite people we're.:boogie:boogieHave a good time.

Never said that I was going to put chains on my C6 or drive it in the snow. My C6 has actually been in storage since Saturday, Nov 24, and will be there unitl the snow has all melted, the sand and salt has been washed off the streets, and hiways. JUst curious to the response that I would get and trying to out do some of the other stupid questions that I have seen here. .
You take second place.
The guy who asked about putting a snow plow on a C6 won 1st place.
:beer

It is amazing at the patience and good nature of our members. Posting for a "Response" or dagger tossing for fun could be identified HERE ;) but then it could be a mistake on my part ;shrug

Just takes a minute to read, and MOST of our members are folks I'd invite to my home for dinner or out for a Latte', soda and enjoy the evening.. ;)

Yea "No such thing as a dumb question" .. the "Stupid ones are intended to be STUPID"...

Bud Dougherty

;LOL:rotfl Until now

No Such Thing As A Stupid Question?

lurk5.gif

You can't put chains on a C6.

If you need to drive the car in snow-and-ice, install four snow tires.

I'm not sure that snow tires are even needed.

I lived in Germany for a couple of years and drove my C5 WITHOUT snow tires each winter. The streets weren't always plowed and most of the time snow was packed very hard (driven on again and again by motorists) when I drove on it.

If the snow reached 8 inches, well, that was just too much and the snow was higher than my C5's nose. I just didn't drive it then.

The C5 and C6 are amazing cars.

When I took delivery of my Z, I had to sign a release stating that I would not attempt to install chains on my tires. I wouldn't try it but was surprised to see that GM has addressed it specifically.

I'd like to try some 3" tire spikes and take her ice fishing. Damn snowmobiles would be riding too close to my azz end, I'd have to punch it and get some distance in the rearview.
Like was said, never a bad question to be asked here. I imagine the handling on pavement would be pretty scary. I got stuck in my driveway in 1/4" of snow. I could leave it in gear, wheels turning and go make myself a sandwich inside the house. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom