Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tire monitors will not go in to learn mode

ronaldj44

Corvette
i broke a valve stem on drivers side rear tire. I went to dealer they changed sensor and told me they can't get it to read. I was away from home so i waited to get home and visit my local dealer. they told me it will not go in to learn mode. can anybody help me with this? it was working fine before the stem was broken
Thanks Ron

The car wont go into tire training mode or the TPMS wont learn?

Since the driver rear sensor is the last one to be learned I'm guessing the others program fine?

Here is the steps on programing. I use a magnet from a dead hard drive but you can us an old speaker magnet also.

1. Turn the ignition to ON.
2. Press the RESET button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages.
3. Press and release the OPTIONS button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.
4. Press and hold the DIC RESET button for 3 seconds.
Notice: Refer to Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration in Cautions and Notices.
5. Press the OPTIONS button again until the TIRE TRAINING message appears.
6. Press the RESET button until the IPC LEARN L FRONT TIRE message appears in order to begin
the programming sequence.
7. Install the J 41760 Tire Pressure Programming Tool over the left front valve stem.
8. The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed.
9. When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed
by the IPC messages:
- LEARN R FRONT TIRE
- LEARN R REAR TIRE
- LEARN L REAR TIRE
Programming Cancellation
1. The programming mode will be cancelled if any of the following conditions are met: - The program mode is exited through the DIC.
- The ignition is turned to OFF.
- All four sensors have been programmed.
- The TPM system has been in the program mode for longer than 2 minutes and no sensors
have been learned.
2. If the program mode is cancelled with less than four codes stored, the receiver will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.
USA C5 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

when i left the dealer all were reading except new sensor. about 75 miles later all were reading red xxx. 25 more miles it was saying service tire mon sys. Then i went to my local dealer who tells me tire monitors wont go in to learn mode. i have tried my self following your directions the car will go into training mode it will learn the left front and no more. I also tryed different tires when it says to learn left front. it will read the lefr rear(new sensor)and then no more.the left front and then no more. It will not read anything on the right side. thanks a lot i hope this doesnt sound too crazy
Ron
p.s. i also disconnected my battery for about 10 mins and tryed again.no different
it also has codes borfa 2100 and borfa 2115
ao ldcm b2263h,2265h,2283h,2282,2286,2284,2285,2287
po 492h,po516
the car has 38000 miles 2004 model

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom