Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Pressure

Beobachter

Corvette
2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Roadster 1961 R/W
Just upgraded 87 C4 from 16" to 17" with 275/45's. What tire pressure is best for these? I assume same as 88 with standard 17's
Thanks

I believe the spec for C4's with the 17's was 30 psi. That said depending on what tires you have and how you plan to use the car you may want to experiment a little.

Jay

Moonunit 451 said:
My F1 D3's are like 55. What's the tire say?
A tire's listed pressure is simply a maximum pressure needed to support the maximum weight the tire is rated to. Your goodyear most likely has a max of 44 or 51 psi. But you do not need anywhere near that. The only time I could see going above 40 psi is if you were autocrossing or doing a HPDE. This is done to help stiffen the tire when pushed to its limit (and beyond) at these types of events. Should you choose to run these pressures on the street your dentist and local tire shop will be glad to see you often. Dentist to replace fillings rattled loose from the firm ride. Tire shop for rapid tire wear in center section of tire.:D :beer

My corvette (96), says to have 30 psi for normal driving and 35 psi for high speed driving. Hope this helps.

^
|
What he said applies to my 92 also.

I like a little stagger, so I run 2 psi less in the rear. (32 front/ 30 rear)
for auto cross, I run 40 in the front, 38 in the rear.

35 psi all the way around in my vette...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom