Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Question

RV Guy

Corvette
1986 Silver/Gray Coupe
I am looking at buying a C5 that has Goodyear F1 tires. I don't think these are run flats so what do you do if you have a flat?

Thanks

Runflats

If that C5 you are looking at has Goodyear Eagle F1 GS EMT's, then you definitely have runflats. If you go to a non runflat tire, I'd suggest you invest in a small air compressor and a flat tire repair kit. That will at least get you on your way and you can get the tire fixed properly later! Don't be suckered into buying a "spare tire in a can" or some of that slimey green stuff they use in ATV tires...neither of them go well with your tire pressure sensors.

I am looking at buying a C5 that has Goodyear F1 tires. I don't think these are run flats so what do you do if you have a flat?

Thanks

My Z06 doesn't have run flats and I didn't want to use that slime stuff to repair a puncture so I went on-line and order the Pocket Plugger kit from Stop and Go. If the C5 you're looking at buying has non run flats you're going to have to buy a small portable compressor to go with the repair kit.

All Goodyear F1's are not run flats. F1 SuperCars for example...

CG

Thanks - I was looking on Tire Racks web site and found that there are a lot of Goodyear F1's and I didn't see in the description where it indicated whether or not they are run flats.

Thanks - I was looking on Tire Racks web site and found that there are a lot of Goodyear F1's and I didn't see in the description where it indicated whether or not they are run flats.
If there designated as "EMT" (Extended Mobility Tires)!!AkA:"Run Flats":thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom