Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire size recomendation

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
Going to go with a set BF Goodrich Radial TAs for the 68 BB. Can someone tell the largest size tire they've put on thier C3 with a 7inch rim.

FWIW I took the TT2's off my 76 and put them on my 68 they are 8" wide with 255-60 in front and 275-60 in the rear haven't driven it yet but they do fill up the wheel wells more in the 68 then the 76. The 68 seems to sit lower then the 76 does ;shrug

a guess would be with 7" rims you could go 225 front and 245 rear go to tire rack and poke around I think they have a section for what will fit what.

I'll pull it out tomorrow and post a pic if you like

I just put BFG T/A's 255-60's all the way around mine with no problems:upthumbs

I just put Goodyear RSA 225R70-15's on my 1972. It handles great and look good but I wouldn't go any larger as the clearance around the front wheels is tight when turning.

Mike

Chas,
Those are just over 10 inches wide.. You sure that you dont rub anywhere throughout your steering radious??

Chas,
Those are just over 10 inches wide.. You sure that you dont rub anywhere throughout your steering radious??

Yes sir:upthumbs ....Im sure....I have only heard it rub once, going up a steep incline driveway and wheels turning most of the way...i dont have a BB...thats the only thing i noticed about your post.

Chas

This isn't an answer to your question, but simply an observation about front tires.

I had the 255's on the front of mine and didn't like the heavy feel of the bigger rubber up front. I'm pretty sure I have 235's on there now. Still enough meat up front and the ever so quicker response of the narrower tire.

This isn't an answer to your question, but simply an observation about front tires.

I had the 255's on the front of mine and didn't like the heavy feel of the bigger rubber up front. I'm pretty sure I have 235's on there now. Still enough meat up front and the ever so quicker response of the narrower tire.

I have only had this size so i guess i cant respond to this, i just like what i have....nice and beefy cominatcha;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom