Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary tires

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

zoob113

Corvette
1993 40 anniversary ruby red 6 spd coupe
Hi fellow ruby owners ;help

I need tires--what tires are you using? sizes?

bought with goodrich 255 45 zr17 on front

goodyear p315 35zr17 on rear

any benifit to keeping the 315's on the rear?

I'm thinking of going back to the stock frt 255 and rear 285's
will 285's fit on the 315 rims?

thanks steve

Hi fellow ruby owners ;help

I need tires--what tires are you using? sizes?...

thanks steve

Hi, I have on Good Year Eagle F1's on my stock machined 17'' sawblades and I have to say I have NO complaints to date (now 10,000 miles and counting, still 3 or 4 mm tread left untill the indicators will be flush)

Sizes 255/45-17 front , 285/40-17 rear
View attachment 21953 View attachment 21954

Although essentially a 'summer tire' I have driven my vette with these fitted through two Irish winters (almost daily driving) and I did manage to stay on the blacktop :eek:hnoes They even survived a recent two week-long freeze to -11 degreesC / 13 degrees fahrenheit without any deformation occuring, though of course I didn't drive her much during that spell.
Their performance in wet/Irish conditions is outstanding. Full stop.:upthumbs

Or according to 'tirerack.com';
" The Eagle F1 GS-D3 excels in wet conditions by delivering class-leading hydroplaning resistance and traction.. and earns the highest "AA" Uniform Tire Quality Grade wet traction rating."

BTW,Yes I am aware I am NOT a Ruby owner, but she is a 1993 model, so I think of her as the Ruby's non-identical twin:L

You can go to tirerack.com and check out specifications for the tires you are considering and see what their recommended rim widths are. That does not mean that the tire will not fit a different rim width but it does mean that if there is a tire or rim failure, it will be your problem and not the tire company's problem.

The GY F1 D3 as recommended above in 285/40/17 is shown on tirerack.com's specs page and accepting an 11" rim width. Other tire companies might not go that far.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom