Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tires

F

Fugitive

Yo it's about that time that I have to purchase some new GSCs. Just wondering what kind of tires you guys use? Are most still going with the GSC? Thanks Fugitive

Fugitive,

For what it's worth, I think the GSC's suck, and pretty much everyone I've talked to said the same thing. I just put Micheline Pilot Sports on my GS, about a month ago. Right away I noticed an improvement in ride comfort. The dry grip is also a lot better than the GSC's. And even though the Sports are a dry weather tire, the wet weather grip is a lot better than the GSC's.

There are a lot of tires out there for the Corvette. Just cause they came with the GSC's dosent mean they you have to stick with them. Do some research and you'll find that there are many tires out there with better performance than the GSC's for about the same price.

Jason

BF Goodrich, G-Force T/A. According to previous owner a much better ride.

Twiget,

How much were the Mich. tires?

I too was wondering last year what to replace my GSCs with.
I wanted dry traction most of all, I don't care about the ride
or the noise.

I went with GSCs again because they seemed to be the
best dry traction tire for the price (which, from tirerack,
was $900 for 4 tires, including installation at a local shop).

I saw some BF Goodrick KWDs the other day--I hear nice
things about the performance but they are an UGLY tire.

I know most people don't care, but I like the treadwall
design on the GSCs. The new Goodyears that replaced
them have a wimpy design. They too are UGLY.

Bridgestone Potenza's, good dry traction, car isn't driven in the rain.

The whole set was about $1,600.00 mounted and ballanced. I've also got 315's on the rear of my car, other wise they would have been about $1,200.00 total. I'm much happier with the Sports than I was with the GSC's.

Jason

Fugitive said:
Yo it's about that time that I have to purchase some new GSCs. Just wondering what kind of tires you guys use? Are most still going with the GSC? Thanks Fugitive

So what tires did u end up getting ?

I just bought those Kuhmo cheap tires... $113 a tire... so far I am quite impressed... Just got the car back yesterday and it was raining so hard you couldn't see the car in front of you... the car did great!

I second the motion on the BF Goodrich tires. They better perform and outlast most other brands on the road. Can't beat them, and the price is reasonable.

BFG g-Force KD...rated to 186 MPH and excellent adhesion..and who cares how much they cost, its the cheapest thing about the Corvette

by the way chevyaddict when you get tired of old chevy technology try a new ford lightning.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom