Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

title

pizza3260

Corvette
73 350 coupe
how can i tell by the title how many owners the car had.

thanks
tom

how do we find out how maney owners the car had

thanks
tom

No easy way - start with the DMV in your state and start trying to trace back the chain of previous owners - lots of internet searches, letter-writing, phone calls, finding out that other states only have records for the last ten years, etc. Don't hold your breath.
:beer

I was able to do a title search in Illinois that went all the way back to the original owner, but they would not divulge any addresses. I was searching for my wife's first car, a 1974 Super Beetle, that she bought brand new. It had been junked in 1989. Each state varies....

CarFax reports have a list of where the car was titled, along with name and address of the person who titled the car.

Brett

Have you tried using an internet service called CarFax, it may be of some help.
I don't think it will give names or anything but it should tell you how many times it was re-registered.

Hope this helps!

Since your in Jersey you should have a Prefix field on your title. The area will have either a number or blank printed before your vin#. If it's a blank your the orginal owner. I have two cars which I am the orginal buyer and both are blank. I also have a another car with a number 2 making me the second owner which is also correct.Else call NJ DMv and ask them to send you form ISM/DO-22A. This is a title search for $10.50

jimred75 said:
Since your in Jersey you should have a Prefix field on your title. The area will have either a number or blank printed before your vin#. If it's a blank your the orginal owner. I have two cars which I am the orginal buyer and both are blank. I also have a another car with a number 2 making me the second owner which is also correct.Else call NJ DMv and ask them to send you form ISM/DO-22A. This is a title search for $10.50
thanks jim, you are correct, there is a prefix before the vin #.

1995 RedVette said:
CarFax reports have a list of where the car was titled, along with name and address of the person who titled the car.
dei83fan said:
Have you tried using an internet service called CarFax, it may be of some help.
CARFAX requires the later long VIN numbers, does not work with the shorter VINs of 1980 and back.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom