Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

To buy or not to buy...

BulletTime

Corvette
2000 Sebring Silver 6-spd
I'm primed to get my first Vette. Been looking since July. I've come across a '99 Triple Black with 90k highway miles. First off, if the car is as nice as reported (and believe me, no assumptions will be made; I'll have an inspection service go over it with a fine tooth comb), should I be concerned about the car's longevity if it's been properly maintained and if the miles were indeed highway miles? Second, what price range would you consider to be "excellent" for the buyer?

My suggestion would be to buy it if it is what you want and the inspection satisfies you. Although the mileage is fairly high, mileage isn't the issue it used to be with older Vettes, especially if the car was meticulously maintained. Ask for service records and get a history repair report from the dealer. This will give you some idea of issues that plagued that particular model and year and give you some idea of what service/s have been performed. These generation (C5's) have really good reliability records, but have a few issues that can be easily serviced. Accident-free, flooding and other major problems would be more of concern than the mileage. If the price is right, go for it and enjoy a great American sports car!

Ron

I believe Ron is absolutely correct. A visual only tells part of the story. I checked the Kelley Blue book and it suggested around $20,000+. However that was for a California car. Certainly there are regional differences in pricing.
I'd offer 16,000 because of the milage, even if the miles were accumulated only on the freeway.
Good luck

Larry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom