Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Too Hot!

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
Yesterday I took the car for some local errands and it was only about 73' but a beautiful sunshine day. It was so hot in side the car with glass top on. Its like a magnifying glass! I don't have the other top. I couldn't take top off since I was going in n out of stores for my errands. Any suggestions on what I can do to try not to roast. In my 87 vette I bought a black out film n shade.
Tx
Paul :w

Paulie, I think that someone out there has a shade to cover the glass ...kind of like a headliner. A buddy of mine just recently purchased an anniversary 03 with both tops. He thought that the glass top was "cool", until he drove around in it for a while. He told me that it got so hot in there....and the outside temps were in the 60's. The sun bearing down made it very uncomfortable. Unlike you, he does have the solid top and that is what is on it now.

Too Hot

I went to Wal Mart, bought the darkest window film they had, doubled it over on the smoked glass targa top. Made a huge difference. Not exactly show car aesthetics but it worked.

While we're on the subject of heat, can you offer any suggestions how to stop hot air from coming through the car's ventilation system. The manual claims to have air constantly recirculating through the car whether the climate control is on or not. This hot air must be coming from outside, as it is cool in the morning and major hot in afetrnoon traffic.

Thanks,

Dave

Paulie, I think that someone out there has a shade to cover the glass ...kind of like a headliner. A buddy of mine just recently purchased an anniversary 03 with both tops. He thought that the glass top was "cool", until he drove around in it for a while. He told me that it got so hot in there....and the outside temps were in the 60's. The sun bearing down made it very uncomfortable. Unlike you, he does have the solid top and that is what is on it now.

I purchased one of these last year after getting my '98 coupe (which also does not have a painted top), but haven't tried it out in really warm weather yet. If the truth be known, I haven't even had a chance to fit-check it; but it seems well-constructed, though.

The same retailer offers this item as well. I thought it would be better to go with the 'finished' interior look (plus I thought the upholstered panel would offer some sound-dampening qualities), but either probably works equally well as a sunshade.

I purchased one of these last year after getting my '98 coupe (which also does not have a painted top), but haven't tried it out in really warm weather yet. If the truth be known, I haven't even had a chance to fit-check it; but it seems well-constructed, though.

The same retailer offers this item as well. I thought it would be better to go with the 'finished' interior look (plus I thought the upholstered panel would offer some sound-dampening qualities), but either probably works equally well as a sunshade.

I used to put these in my coupes. They look and work great.

That's exactly what I was thinking about Timfitz.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom