Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Top Down Technologies, Inc.

Vert's only ?????????

I looked at the site and it noted it was for vert's. What about the coupes

Alan

kingman said:

Alan

I think they say its a "must have" for verts. Works good on my coupe.

kingman said:

Alan
Coupes have windows too. ;) I ordered mine Weds night.

kingman said:

Alan
It's a Godsend for coupes!:D - Eric

It's sounds like a great idea to me. If I purchased and receive it prior to CF, could I get one of you that already own one to help me install and program it in Bowling Green? :)

:w Jane Ann

XLR8 said:
It's sounds like a great idea to me. If I purchased and receive it prior to CF, could I get one of you that already own one to help me install and program it in Bowling Green? :)

:w Jane Ann

This is so simple to install you wont need any help guaranteed. its almost plug and play. You going to be mad you didn't have one sooner though

IH2LOSE said:
This is so simple to install you wont need any help guaranteed. its almost plug and play. You going to be mad you didn't have one sooner though

A 5 year old can do it.......so I had my 5 YO Grandson do it......:D

The instructions are a little criptic but just follow the 5 min instructions. The key is to enter the 4 digit key code (last 4 numbers of the serial no.), and your off and running with the rest of the options.

It is great for all model's but is really nice for verts.:w

This was one of my first mods.

Unfortunately I just can't stop now :D

After reading all the positive posts, I'm sold on this on this product also.

Just one question: Do you still use the original fob or does the valet come with a special one to use???

IH2LOSE said:

So this is what I said a week or so ago.

Well mine was knocked out of its socket and when I re--installed it it did not work (its supposed to) So I figure I have to re-program it.

Sunday I sit in the car and tried several times and for some reason it just would not work.

So today I touch base with top down and explain I Have a unit I purchased in may of 2002 (4 years ago ) and I am having troubles with it any suggestions.

He asked how I was programming it, I told him from the original instructions and he said you by the car? lets try and fix it.

I said no I am at work but I will call him later. He gave me his cell phone and said try at his shop number then his cell when I am buy the car.

He said if we cant get it programed , ship it back and he will send me another one.

Wait, lets go back this is a unit 3 years out of warranty, this guy has NO LIABILTY to me. I purchased it understanding it has a one year warrenty,I called him just looking for his suggestion on what to try, figuring I may have to purchase a new one.And he could not be more helpful. He didn't say its out of warranty, Don't call on the 800 number, Didn't say I did something wrong. His only concern was to get my unit corrected.

So I get home call him up while I am sitting in the car and he walks me thru the programming ,BINGO it works this time.

So I just cant say enough of this product and also the company who stands behind it.

This is a no brainer purchase for anybody with a C5 especially a convertible.

I use mine every time I park in our garage , leave the window down when I get out of the car (leaves a little more room to get out of car) then I raise the windows when I am out of the car

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom