Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Top Speed in DIC?

99 C5 Boogity

I am the proud new owner of a 1999 Coupe with 38,500 miles. Is there a way to pull out the computer the top speed that the car has been driven?

Thanks!;shrug

If there is, I've never found it. The DIC can tell your average speed, and your MPG, but I'm not aware that it keeps track of a he highest attained speed.

-Patrick

First, welcome to the CAC! Congratulations on getting your '99 coupe.

I do not believe you can get that from the DIC. I do not know whether it can be obtained by using some other type of scan tool. I think that if the car was involved in some type of high speed crash, the speed at the time of the crash would likely be stored. But I doubt that you can get data on how fast the car might have been driven two years ago.

Just curious- why do you want to know?

Not stock. If you have the Window Valet, top speed is one of the data items that can be recorded (and reset).

If it was available in a stock computer, there would probably be a lot of people asking how to clear it out!!! :D :boogie :chuckle :w

Above 175mph I got a message in the DIC that said "Traction Control Inactive" ;LOLI guess they figure there is no saving you at above that speed.

Hey Thats Great, My DIC on my 2000 FRC Said when I got to 160MPH "If you want to go Faster Buy a Z06" :cry

Hey Thats Great, My DIC on my 2000 FRC Said when I got to 160MPH "If you want to go Faster Buy a Z06" :cry

Don't sell the FRC short. It's plenty quick considering how light the car is. And the top speed is 175 so at 160 it should have said "Is that all you got?" ;)

Leon

My DIC said "Keep windows up during speeds in excess of 170 mph"

Actually, the top speed of the FRC is 170mph, the C5 coupe is 175mph. :w
I dont think your right, the FRC is Lighter than the coupe I think it's the other way around 175mph for the frc and 170mph coupe

At that speed, aerodynamics and gearing matter more than weight. The roofline and gearing may tell the tale here.

top speed

Yes the top speed for a coupe is greater than a frc. the frc has dirty aerodynamics at high speeds while the coupe has better wind tunnel numbers. More weight + a little less power + much better top end aerodynamics + faster top end speed. Top speed for a c5 z06 is 181. for a c5 coupe 176. they are all great cars so rejoice!! edram.

Actually, the top speed of the FRC is 170mph, the C5 coupe is 175mph. :w

Those are the numbers I remember when comparing the C5 Z06 to the coupe due to the different gearing in the Z06. I don't believe that was the case with the FRC for 1999 and 2000 since the power and gearing were the same as the coupe.

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom