Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

top speed

Thinkspore

Corvette
1993 black on black 6 speed stock (for now)
i've never tried to peg out my 93 c4.. i was just curious if the digital speedometer stops at a certain mph ???? i assume not since its digital but, i was curious.

My digital display has two parts on speed:
The "bar display" will top out somewhat over 85 mph,
but the digital display works right up to 137 mph, which is as fast as I get at WOT. Of course it was my rider that saw it, I was keeping my eyes on the road.

199 (mph or kph)

The digital display does not have a '2' available in the 'hundreds' digit.
I have heard that it shows "00" when above 199 but I've never seen that. ;)

when it hits 199 it just starts blinking. Just like the old camaro berlinettas when then speedo hit 85 it started blinking as well

cool.. i've never gone over 110 in mine so i'd never know! the main reason is that where i'm from there are 10 cars for every1 cop and they don't take lightly to speeding... i was just curious to know.

its cool to see that people have actually gotten their c4s to top out close to 200 mph!

For a stock LT1 C4, top speed ought to be over 160. The ZR1 is supposed to top 180. A friend with a ZR1 had a rider (not me) take a picture of his dash while doing 179. BTW, cruise control works above 140 also! ;)

cruise control works over 140!? awesome!

199kph is "only" 123mph. Switch the instrument cluster to metric and see what happens when you top 199kph. :)

As for C4 top speeds, a guy I knew ran is lightly modified (CAI and exhaust) LT4 Grand Sport in one of the Nevada road races. He recorded just over 180mph on his GPS. :beer

Jason

;shrug;shrug;shrug Fastest I've ever seen in a C4 was 159 but that was in 5th and it was still pulling some!!:thumb My C5 Z-51,well thats a little different story!!:chuckle:chuckle My 01 Z06,;shrug;shrug that Black Beauty seams to be a Cop magnet after about 3500 in 4th!!:boogie :D:D:D

Either some are guessing or their is a big difference in the C-4 speedometers.

My 89 reads 199 MPH then it reads 100 then 101-102-103 just like it did at lower speeds.
The speedometer will not show a 2 the 1 stays and the other numbers show 00 and they keep counting.

I heard that it will go to 300mph but I don't know if that is true.

I was going to find out how fast mine would run but it got too light and I shut it off with the speedometer showing 264 MPH.

I don't think I will ever take it up to that again it was really hard to drive from 250 up.

If I was going to try it again I would re-jet the Nitrous bigger so I could get up their quicker.

It really takes a lot of power to accelerate beyond 200.

I believe that the spedo will hit in the mid 200's before it starts counting backward. I remember reading this in an article about the sledgehammer

I believe that the spedo will hit in the mid 200's before it starts counting backward. I remember reading this in an article about the sledgehammer

Just unplug the vss sensor wire and plug anopther into it. turn ignition on and spin the vss with a drill and tell us what happens. But I say it will blink

cruise control works over 140!? awesome!

FWIW- the C5's cruise works at over 170mph. It made the trip between Frankfurt and Wiesbaden a lot shorter.

;)

Over 200 the speedometer does NOT read back wards or blink it continues to work.
The blinking is BS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom