Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Torch red paint ?

There have been several mentions of Atomic Orange. Doesn't anyone like the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic of 2005 and 2006? The only reason I don't upgrade my '05 is because of the color! :L

Elaine

P.S. Love Torch Red Corvettes and am glad that it is back again!

Diva1.jpg

Elaine, the wife and I both love the orange. Both the Atomic and Daytona.

... Doesn't anyone like the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic of 2005 and 2006?

Definitely like Daytona Sunset Orange as well, although I will admit that I like the Atomic Orange shade of orange a bit better.

There have been several mentions of Atomic Orange. Doesn't anyone like the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic of 2005 and 2006? The only reason I don't upgrade my '05 is because of the color! :L

Elaine

P.S. Love Torch Red Corvettes and am glad that it is back again!

Diva1.jpg
Elaine, the sunset is a great color. Ken

Corvette History

This is a great read for any Corvette owner. The C5 took a long time and it was shelved on and off so often John Carfaro really thought the thing was dead. It dodged the bullet from the bean counters, ( Who were busy making sure John Wagoner and others on the 14 floor had a 100% gold parachute by their sides as they looted the bank accounts) that it surprises me to this day the Corvette was ever continued after 1996. I am hard pressed to find any American company run so amuck as General Motors Inc. in modern history. Disgraceful, and along with Mr. Gettlefin gers behavior it further surprises me the General motors didn't drop dead in the early ninties. :puke

.... Doesn't anyone like the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic of 2005 and 2006? ..................

Diva1.jpg
Yep. But I like the Victory Red and the Monterey Red (my favorite!) better.

BTW - Elaine, why don't you start a seperate thread and tell us about your license plate holder and that grill!?! I like it!! :drool:

:wJane Ann

Have always loved Torch red Corvettes. To me, the color is just outstanding on Corvettes :)

Very fond of paint code 70 here too ! This is my 3rd Torch Red Vette!

P1050003.jpg

I haven't owned a bright red car in 15 years. Everything fast I've had lately has been silver, or some other nice discreete color. But I gotta say, it sure does look good in red. Especially after a wash/wax.

Vette4.jpg

I really like the torch red myself. I had an early 90's trans am in that color and it really turned heads. My current C5 is black... as someone said earlier in this thread, it looks great when it's clean but it's SOOO hard to keep it that way! I can spend all day cleaning it and 24 hours later you can see every particle of dust that has landed on it. I got a great deal on the car but black would not be my first choice.

Well my Torch Red is different than all the others!

Front1.jpgFront Corner1.jpgRear1.jpg

Besides, mine is Torch Red on Torch Red. Only a few produced in that color combo in 2004.

...and before you ask, I now have fender stripes on both sides now!
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom