Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tornado

C

Corvette Craig

Has anyone installed this after-market thing-a-ma-jig in their Air Filter Housing.
It acts like a fan, creating a "whirlwind affect" with no moving parts.
It states it will increase horsepower up 13, and mileage up 24%
just with the force of more air.
I've seen commercials on this and was wondering if it actually works?
JC Whitney sells it for $64.00, and I 'm thinking about getting it.

Sorry CC

don't bother, you can't defy mother nature:D What there trying to do is to create more turbulence in the combustion chamber to improve mixing of the emulsed liquids but what thier are actually doing is restricting the breathing capabilities of the engine.

Here is a previous discussion about this subject

Craig,

Check this out "Tornado or Twister"

BudD
:bu

LOL

I have a friend who has a supercharged mustang and a lot of other mods. Needless to say he's a die hard racer and has taken all appropriate measures to make his car fast.

Anyways whenever somebody asks him

"what have you done to your car?"

he just tells him

" I just put a tornado in it" :L

He thinks his mustang is gods gift to man......but thats another story:L

Winer is coming soon and I have a Left Handed Smoke Turner available. Jeez.........

........ Nut :D

Dont waste your money. I had a friend who bought one and he said he would have gotten better performance result if he had:booty

it doesnt work. if you restrict your airflow in anyway, it would in reality lower horsepower.

I didn't read the thread in the post above by Rare81, so I'm assuming that I'm just repeating some things. But basically, that Tornado thing is snake-oil, i.e., "garbage".

The object of airflow is to have it unobstructed and smooth sailing to the intake manifold. That's essentially the complete opposite of what the tornado claims to do. "Ummm..hello? Yes...may I please speak to someone in your ricer department? yes, thank you, I'll hold..."

yup you want it smooth and unrestricted as it enters the cylinders but once its in there you want it to mix up real good!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom