Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Tpms

Victory5

Corvette
2016 Arctic White Stingray convertible
Needing to replace my tire pressure monitors on my 01. I have read several older threads and see that the monitors from TPMS Wholesalers is the best price. Is there anyone who has run these for awhile, that can tell me how well they work, or is there a good reason to go with OEM that are twice the price?:confused
silver1

04 tpms

I know this probably seems dumb ,but I have to ask . On my 04 vette tpms gages shows no pressure readings , I put on a set of 05 rims I bought from a friend and they worked fine on his car. bUt when on mine I have nothing I am going to try the magnet to reset , no for the dumb question you have to drive it for a while Right. Thanks its my first vette. Im a long time chevy guy an always had hotrods but this is new to me . Thanks

Needing to replace my tire pressure monitors on my 01. I have read several older threads and see that the monitors from TPMS Wholesalers is the best price. Is there anyone who has run these for awhile, that can tell me how well they work, or is there a good reason to go with OEM that are twice the price?:confused
silver1

You have options other than purchasing the TP sensors from a dealer. 1) You can remove the sensors from the wheels and take them to a Battery Store and they will install new ones for around $10 each [I have read somewhere that Discount Tire also does the rebuild], 2) you can google Corvette Tire Pressure sensors and find a multitude of sites that can help you or sell you ones at reasonable prices, or 3) you can contact Gene Culley at the GM Parts House at 484-949-2099 or email him at
gene@gmpartshouse.com and purchase the OEM tps and retaining nuts for about $45 to $50 each. Gene is a vendor on Corvette Forum (I don't know if he is on CAC).
I hope the moderators and administrators on CAC don't banish me from the CAC for mentioning the CF on this site. I expect to get some flack from Andre, Rich, and Tom for this post while in Effingham next week at CAC CF.
I hope this helps.
Barrett

Yea, I'm going to give you heck.......

The TPS units, I think they are all basically made by Schrader, IIRC. I would buy the generic units and run. When I replaced mine, I happened to run across a set a guy had brand new, but they were Genuine GM, but I got them for the generic price.

My question to uncleollies....are these the TPS units off the -5 or the ones off your 04? I don't think the ones for the C6 are compatible with the C5 receiver.

tpms

The TPS units, I think they are all basically made by Schrader, IIRC. I would buy the generic units and run. When I replaced mine, I happened to run across a set a guy had brand new, but they were Genuine GM, but I got them for the generic price.

My question to uncleollies....are these the TPS units off the -5 or the ones off your 04? I don't think the ones for the C6 are compatible with the C5 receiver.
Well they are from an 05 . Tires an rims . Thanks for the quick responce

I went with the TPMS Wholesalers sensors. Had them installed today and now can't get the right front to learn. Will keep trying.

Yes, the TPS units are Shrader named after the man who invented the Shrader valve. From what I understand researching the TP sensors, they are made by the same company and there really isn't a difference, except for cost. The generics are about $25 or so cheaper. I thought uncleollies had C6 wheels on his C5, but maybe I am mistaken. The wheels should not affect the sensors if they fit correctly, but if he is trying to put C6 sensors into a C5 system, they won't work. One can purchase a tool that sets the sensors if the magnet does not work. But the tool costs a little more than $100. I believe some Discount Tire stores use the tool.
I will bring my ear plugs to CF so you will have to shout at me when we discuss the other forum, of which we are both members. See you soon.
Barrett

I know this probably seems dumb ,but I have to ask . On my 04 vette tpms gages shows no pressure readings , I put on a set of 05 rims I bought from a friend and they worked fine on his car. bUt when on mine I have nothing I am going to try the magnet to reset , no for the dumb question you have to drive it for a while Right. Thanks its my first vette. Im a long time chevy guy an always had hotrods but this is new to me . Thanks
\

Welcome to the forum! Did you go through the "learning proceedure" when you put them on your car?
Quick Tech: Resetting Corvette Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors - CorvetteOnline.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom