Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Traction control

Richard Marvin

Corvette
2004 zO6 COMMEMORATIVE EDITION
My service traction control displayed on my dash and my question is------- should I run it in to have the dealer check it out or is there something else I can do before the dealer sticks it in me?????????:rotflCome on CAC brothers and sisters I need some kind of answer on this before I go into the Dealer this Tuesday ??????????????????

Last edited:
My service traction control displayed on my dash and my question is------- should I run it in to have the dealer check it out or is there something else I can do before the dealer sticks it in me?????????:rotfl
Use the search option on the site,there are several threads and fixes on the subject!:thumb

I'd clear the code, then drive it and see if it comes back. Mine throws a code occasionally or about twice in a couple of years.

Traction Control

I'd clear the code, then drive it and see if it comes back. Mine throws a code occasionally or about twice in a couple of years.
It has only come on one time but once is enough. My change oil soon came on one time also on a trip. So how do I change the code?? Do you think I much to worry about ??? Thanks
:W

Yes and no. If there is something wrong, the code will come right back on. If the code was generated by corrosion, a poor connection, hitting a bump, and not that I would know anything about it, high RPM vibration. ;)

There is a thread at one of the other Corvette sites where the OP posted pictures of the various connections; they were dirty, corroded and some were so loose the contact could be affected by vibration. All of which will throw a code.

The local dealer's master mechanic has a shelf of plastic multi drawer cabinets with male and female connectors; not the whole connector, just the little metal contacts inside. It takes some patience but by depressing the "tabs" they come out. It is easier and less expensive than replacing the wiring harness. He gave me a couple which after some physical contortions cured a code for me.

Pull your DIC trouble codes and tell us what they are. That is STEP ONE on any such issue. Once you have pulled any info for us you can clear/reset it/them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom