Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Traded a Prius for an LT4, having problems...

dmd

Corvette
Supercharged LS6 6-speed Z06 Roadster
Hi all,

I just traded in the Prius for a 1996 LT4, and it is doing some strange things. When I let out the clutch and push on the gas pedal, it makes a strange screeching sound from the rear of the car, there is some bluish-white smoke coming from under it that smells really really bad, and it moves forward kinda slowly in a squirrelly back-and-forth way until I let off the gas some - then it suddenly lurches forward like it has been stung by a cattle prod but it starts missing at 6500rpm and I have to shift to the next gear to make it stop. What's wrong with it? Should I take it to the dealer?

Hey Dave, sorry I can't help you with the issue, but I bet I know someone who can. :thumb I just sent a PM to gmjunkie with this thread link in it. I think he's great at troubleshooting and always happy to help.

Good luck with the issue. Hope it's nothing major!

:wJane Ann

Hi all,

I just traded in the Prius for a 1996 LT4, and it is doing some strange things. When I let out the clutch and push on the gas pedal, it makes a strange screeching sound from the rear of the car, there is some bluish-white smoke coming from under it that smells really really bad, and it moves forward kinda slowly in a squirrelly back-and-forth way until I let off the gas some - then it suddenly lurches forward like it has been stung by a cattle prod but it starts missing at 6500rpm and I have to shift to the next gear to make it stop. What's wrong with it? Should I take it to the dealer?

Bwahahahaha......... :boogie Yeah, do it in the dealer's lot and tell us the reaction you get.

You'll get used to it. :thumb

I like it!!!

You have to be careful, as the car will steer around sideways from the REAR wheels under those same circumstances. Perhaps you should have the steering diagnosed as well.

The Prius didn't act like that? :boogie

Just look at it like this.... you are helping out man kind.
1. adding more rubber for more people to get traction on....
2. using more rubber to keep people secure in tire manufacturing...
3. using more fuel to keep gas attendant happy and big oil....
4. lol at all those tree huggin idiot's who say the sky is falling...
5. Last, actually i probably could go on and on but you are
doing whats fun for YOU... :beer

Hey dmd, I think you're onto something. I've got the same problem, but mine keeps doing it after I shift a cupla' times! We need help . . . bad!

:W :W

Hey Dave, sorry I can't help you with the issue, but I bet I know someone who can. :thumb I just sent a PM to gmjunkie with this thread link in it. I think he's great at troubleshooting and always happy to help.

Good luck with the issue. Hope it's nothing major!

:thumb:thumb:thumb I got him covered on this one Jain Ann!!~!!:L:L:L

He's got a Loose "NUT" directly behind the steering wheel,Just in front of the seat!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

Happy Vetting!!:thumb
:Steer:lou:lou:bu:bu:bu:bu

:pat :D:D:D

Bwahahahaha......... :boogie Yeah, do it in the dealer's lot and tell us the reaction you get.

You'll get used to it. :thumb

I had to go back and re-read Dave's post 'cause I thought huh? what'd I miss? :chuckle After reading it a second time, I realized I should have sent the PM to Rowdy or Evolution1980 concerning the CruiseFest Syndrome. :L

LT4 missing at 6500 rpm.....

Dave: No, don't take it to the dealer. He won't be able to fix it. There's not really much you can do unless you want to trade up to a slower C5. Mine does the same thing. I guess we're just stuck with the problem.
;shrug

Boeingdriver... like me, you took the bait too. Read Dave's post again... he's talking about a burnout. :L We're just trying to be too helpful, aren't we? ;LOL

Jane Ann-

He gets it. He is suggesting solving the "problem" by buying a C5 with less power than the LT4. We could debate that issue, but...

I still think this is a hilarious thread.

Jim

Thats a great one. I had to re-read it a second time, but only after I read "Gmjunkie's" post to completely understand what he was talking about. Good one. Wish I would have thought about that one first.

Jane Ann-

He gets it. He is suggesting solving the "problem" by buying a C5 with less power than the LT4. We could debate that issue, but...

I still think this is a hilarious thread.

Jim

I give up. :boogie

Dave: No, don't take it to the dealer. He won't be able to fix it. There's not really much you can do unless you want to trade up to a slower C5. Mine does the same thing. I guess we're just stuck with the problem.
;shrug

Why stop at a C5, Steve? I would go all the way to a slower C6. Then he will have a really HOT lookin' Vette. Just not as powerful as his LT4! ;LOL

IS SOMEONE GOING TO SAVE THE :w?

Then he will have a really HOT lookin' Vette. Just not as powerful as his LT4! ;LOL

IS SOMEONE GOING TO SAVE THE :w?
"Any Time" that you want to become a pillar of salt by Medusa,bring it on Gregory!!:thumb :D:D:D

Img201.jpg

:w:w:w:wBack at ya!!:thumb

PS Vett Boys new C6 vert with NPP and LS3 6 speed is purdy darned Spunky too!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom