Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! tranny not changing gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jgr91vette

Corvette
1991 L98 blue coupe
as i have commented on an earlier post upgraded my th700r4 tranny with a trans go and i made everything on the manual to make it stick shift but now it doesnt make any change it gets stuck ok 1st gear!!!!!!
can any one help me!!!!!!! any ideas!!!!!!!

Governor stuck maybe?

tnx for the idea the kit came with a governor eliminator cause of the new stick shift mode. i wil check it tomorrow at my shop i might undo all the steps for stick shift to leave it as automatic to see if that way works fine. if have any other ideas would be alot of help. again thanks for the idea.:)

cause of the new stick shift mode.
Why did you make it full manual?

My shift kit gives me full man shifts through the gears , ability to change up / down at any revs and full auto function in D
Best of both worlds

i have always felt this tranny a little bit slow when to making a down shift on auto, i used to race more on streets than on a race strip, so it became pretty annoying that when i steped on the gas the tranny doesnt made the right downshift or when it was done to the right gear used to be so late.
thats why i decided to go for stick shift but now in gonna try fully manual hopping this way my tranny will work. and i will check my governor to se if its not stuck. thxs...:)

tnx for the idea the kit came with a governor eliminator cause of the new stick shift mode. i wil check it tomorrow at my shop i might undo all the steps for stick shift to leave it as automatic to see if that way works fine. if have any other ideas would be alot of help. again thanks for the idea.:)

Good luck with that, if your kit is like my TransGo 700-2 & 3 kit you had to drill holes in the valve body partitions to achieve the stick shift option. How do you plan on plugging those?
Look at the instructions on page 3 of your kit, then go back and de-burr the hole drilled in step #2A. That drilled hole will cause the 3-2 control valve to hang and that will prevent any upshift unless it is PERFECT.
Ask me how I learned this. I removed the valve body on my 93 several times before I got it to work properly, a very poor modification in my opinion. Good luck.

maybe torque converter

i havent give up with the stick shift option today i did all holes bigger, and i tested up my tranny again .... with car flying gears changed excelent but on ground it was hard to make upshifts.... and when finally make an upshift was at low revs once y push gas it downshifts on an instant. it gets hard to keep the upshift, i can hear something down the car. im guesing it might be my torque converter.... any ideas????:beer
ill be buying my new torque converter on this week...
theres an 1/4 mille event on next weekend and i want to be there jajaja
have to get this done as fast as i can......:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom