Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: trans fluid

English Guy

Corvette
89 red coupe
Hi, after some great advice from Boomdriver I have decided to make up a oil cooler hose as the original part is very hard to buy in the uk. Looking on the net I could'nt find any 5/16 ID hydraulic pipe apart from buying 10/25 metres min order, any idea's if I can use high pressure gasoline pipe(not metal)? The old pipe had to be cut because fitting to busted radiator was seized solid and that complicated things a bit. If I can't use gas piping could someone give the name of a good auto store that ships to uk? Thanks for any info.:)

Hi, after some great advice from Boomdriver I have decided to make up a oil cooler hose as the original part is very hard to buy in the uk. Looking on the net I could'nt find any 5/16 ID hydraulic pipe apart from buying 10/25 metres min order, any idea's if I can use high pressure gasoline pipe(not metal)? The old pipe had to be cut because fitting to busted radiator was seized solid and that complicated things a bit. If I can't use gas piping could someone give the name of a good auto store that ships to uk? Thanks for any info.:)

Hmmm.....
there has to be someone locally that carries that size trans hose and/or steel tubing. If you;re refering to the steel tubing, I do not see why that can;t be used. Its the rubber thats the issue. The rubber for trans hose is made to resist trans fluid deterioration. Somehow its different than other rubber hose under the hood.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom