Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transmission cooler

crank grinder

Corvette
2011 grand sport
I have a bad leak at transmission. I changed the oil cooler fitting on the driver side of the transmission but can not locate the other one I understand it is on top of the transmission but can not find it with the transmission 6" from my face. Any other suggestions for the leak would be appreciated. The leak is that bad it has to be under pressure will not drive the 2011 grand sport corvette.

First off a “Welcome” is in order.:w 2011 GS....nice! :thumb Sorry I can’t help you with your search for the leak, I’m not a mechanic..... :D but perhaps one of our resident techs will check this thread out soon and give you some advice.

When you say you have a "bad leak at the transmission" can you be more specific as to what is leaking?

Is it the connection for the cooler lines?

If so, the two cooler lines should be together, just ahead of the trans pan, on the driver side of the transmission. Also, when you replaced the "oil cooler fitting" did you also replace the two transmisison fluid cooler pipe seals? Know that a special tool make be required to install those two seals.

Far as I know the only non-electrical connection to the top of the trans is the vent hose.

Can you be more specific as to from where the leak is occurring?

The fitting I changed was a quick connect fitting. The o rings are in the fitting. The hose or tubing has no o rings you replace the fitting and the tubing snaps in place when you push it back in. There is no other cooling line next to it. The oil is dripping off the bottom of the transmission. When I discovered the leak I left a trail of oil up the driveway had to add a quart of oil to fill transmission. I have no transmission pan the oil is dripping off the bottom of the transmission.when I start the car it leaks that it looks like it must be under pressure.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm pretty confused.

I was looking at imagery of the 6L90 in GMSi. The cooling lines are paired and bolt to the driver side of the trans at the front.

I read your statement that there is no transmission and my "well...duh" warning light started flashing. The OP didn't say what kind of transmission you had and I assumed it was an automatic?

Is your trans a six-speed manual? Is the car GS w. Z51?

This has become even more confusing as you're posting in two different places.

Reading the OP in your other thread, indeed, you have a manual not an automatic.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom