Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: transmission

trw531

Corvette
07 convertiable red manual tranny
My 07 zo6 is hard to put into reverse.Anyone else have this problem,and if so what was the fix.

Mine is not a Z car, but I have no problems! ;shrug

I've not heard of that as an issue with Zs. I had a 2007, and never had an issue of any kind with the box. If there is slack in the shifter movement, I'd look at that first.

My 07 zo6 is hard to put into reverse.Anyone else have this problem,and if so what was the fix.

Performing the shifter adjustment and clean transmission fluid would be the place to start.

Another cause of hard shifting into reverse can be a clutch problem. Either the clutch is dragging or is not fully releasing.

How is the shift effort going into the forward gears?

Another cause of hard shifting into reverse can be a clutch problem. Either the clutch is dragging or is not fully releasing.

How is the shift effort going into the forward gears?

Hib is dead on, look at the Corvette Forum, use the Ranger method to put clean fluid in the clutch.

Replace Clutch Fluid - Modified Ranger Method - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

It normally takes three exchanges when I do the method for the fluid to look pristine. Once you've got clean fluid, the issue will go away or not. I use the ranger method once every 750 to 1000 miles. I have an '09 Z06 and typically no issue at all when putting her into reverse.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom